Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What kind of car do you drive? Do you love it?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM
  • 75 Replies

I'm so sick of fixing my car..... I have a 99 Infinity G20 and it just seems to be falling apart.  every other week it's something new.  Ive put so much money into fixing it this year i would have been able to buy something newer at that cost. 

so my question/s is..... What kind of car/vehicle do you have?

Do you love it or hate it?

Does it get good gas milage?

Is it good in the snow or rain? (i live in New England and commute to work so this one is a biggie for me)

Tell me how you feel about your car/vehicle. past cars/vehicles you've owned and loved. 

Word of mouth is the best way to find out how people really feal.  The consumer report is good and all but it's all professional opinions.  They don't drive those cars every day and deal with every day problems.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmomma35
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Just got it, Chevy equinox. It seems to be a gas hog. It's an OK car.
LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I have an Exploder....Explorer I mean. Its okay, its a gas hog. But I love the room

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I have a 2010 Pt. Cruiser, and I love it.  It's ok on gas, it's awesome in bad weather.  I like that even though it's a car I sit up higher so I can see, and I don't have very many blind spots.  I used to have a Chevy Equinox, it was ok.  I like that it was roomy, and I miss the moon roof, other then that I am glad I traded it in.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

joshlor2
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Toyota Prius V bigger than a normal Prius but still awesome on gas. All four of us fit with luggage and a jogging stroller (this summer)
We LOVE it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabyangy
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I love my car I have a Infinity 35GS I got it this year so I have no issues.  My husband drive a Nissan 350z and he loves it.  Thanks goodness we have not had car issues.

jlm2676
by Jen on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM
We have a 03 Jetta and an 04 mini van. Whoever has the kids drives the van or when we go anywhere as a family.
Starting next week when I go back to work full time I will be driving the Jetta since I work further away then dh.
The Jetta has a smaller tank then the van so it doesnt cost as much to fill up.
We go about a week before having to fill up the Jetta and every 2 weeks to fill up the van (unless we do something on the weekends).
Both cars are fine. Neither are my dream car but financially we had to get them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:14 AM
I've owned a lot of vehicles in my life. It's embaressing. Corolla, Probe, Camry, Mustang, Tahoe, Accord, Mercedes C240, Sierra, Jeep Wrangler, Lexus IS250, Lexus Rx350. Any questions about any, let me know? Lol. I love Lexus, Toyota, and Honda. High mileage cars, low maintenance, and very reliable;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmgreen
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM

We have a Dodge Durango 2003. It was a last minute buy to fit our family. Was a great deal at the time.... now not so much. A/c doesn't work, there is no bumber, and I'm soooo tired of putting money into it. Gas Milage is awful, but its awesome in any weather.

I am dreaming of getting the GMC ARcadia. It WILL be my next "car". Someone we know has the newest one and I've driven it a few times.. LOOOOVVVE it. It has COMFY room for all 5 of our kids. Gets great gas milage. We aren't a minivan family, so it looks all suv, but doesn't "eat" like an suv. And it still has "get up and growl".

I also have owned a few VW "beatles" and they will always be my first loves... as well as just about any truck.

liss05
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM

We also live in New England(CT) we have a 07 Volvo XC70 love it drives great in the snow and we also have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee that is awesome thus far not sure how it handles in the snow yet but otherwise I love it.Both are ok on gas I do mostly city driving so

kranger
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I have a 2000 POS (Nissan Altima). I've had this car since it was new. I have a complete love / hate relationship with this car. Hate it because its so old and I've had it forever. I am a horrible car owner since I'm the worst about getting it serviced when it should and it is still alive and kicking. No matter how hard I try to kill it, it just keeps going. (that is the part I love - plus pretty good gas mileage).

Looking at getting a new car, I'm just dreading the whole payment thing. But oldest dd will be 16 in 2 months so I'm gonna want to have something for her to drive so maybe she can help out a little more. I am looking forward to removing my taxi signs from my car.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)