Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually made any real life friends from this website? Don't get me wrong I love all of the social websites. But I was just thinking that with the time some of us, (including myself) spend sharing stories and asking questions online, we could be actually interacting with people face to face. Our children could meet and develop real world social skills.

Anyways, it was just a thought.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
ChancesMommy07
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:57 PM
One of my best friends is someone I met on here when I first joined a few years ago. And I've net a few others as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Izsarejman
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I did under my first acct. We were great friends, spent holidays together while her husband was deployed. We both moved but still talk in FB.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I was supposed to but their trips to visit have fallen through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAddie
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I met one of my closest friends on here. I lived in Wisconsin and she lived in Texas. After talking on the phone everyday for months, she came out here to go to a concert with me for my birthday. Six months later I went to Texas for her birthday. The following summer, I moved to Dallas for school, coincidently. We hung out a lot but had a big fight and stopped talking. I was only out there 2 1/2 years, I'm back home now, but we just now started taking again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Nope but usually I'm on late at night when the kids are in bed or when the kids are busy doing something else. Like when I'm sitting at the back of class at my sons school. It would be rude to talk to other parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM
I have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM

No, I've never met anyone from here. I like it that way though. I like the idea that none of my friends are on Cafemom and I like being anonymous. Sometimes this is my place to vent about things I can't tell people in my life. 

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Yep. When I moved to Austin in 2008 I knew no one. I joined a local play group on here and made most of my real life friends there.

I also have met a handful of other ladies through here.

ShaunnaMichelle
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I've met people from Cafemom and we're friends in real life and online now.

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:16 AM
I have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)