Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
It was 76 in my house today and my 5 year old was complaining he was cold so much I had him put on a sweatshirt. Ever since he had surgery last march he is extremely sensitive to the cold.
I just find it really odd that none of his temperature problems started until then. Before that he could tell me when he was hot but now he will get heat exhaustion without even realizing he is hot at all!
Is it just coincidence? He does have spd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Replies (11-14):
Aamy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Low iron ??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM
He goes to a charter homeschool. They already have full evaluations set up for him. Speech, ot, academic, congitive, etc. It took a 5 minute meeting to get that agreed upon. They actually are doing more than I requested because they want to make sure they aren't missing anything. So the cognitive and academic are to make sure the level he is at is matching up with the level he is performing at (which is mid first grade). He has a great school :)

Quoting e-doolittle:

It could be related to the SPD. The surgery was a shock to his system and may take time to get regulated. My DS has SPD and he screamed and cried yesterday because it was the first cold day out.

Good luck getting him help with an OT. Be aware most school districts won't treat the SPD but other delays that may be because of the SPD. They can also make accomodations in the classroom but usually need outside direction as to what he might specifically need.

My DS gets help from the school and we have a private OT for the SPD.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Nope its been checked

Quoting Aamy:

Low iron ??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM

:)

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

He goes to a charter homeschool. They already have full evaluations set up for him. Speech, ot, academic, congitive, etc. It took a 5 minute meeting to get that agreed upon. They actually are doing more than I requested because they want to make sure they aren't missing anything. So the cognitive and academic are to make sure the level he is at is matching up with the level he is performing at (which is mid first grade). He has a great school :)

Quoting e-doolittle:

It could be related to the SPD. The surgery was a shock to his system and may take time to get regulated. My DS has SPD and he screamed and cried yesterday because it was the first cold day out.

Good luck getting him help with an OT. Be aware most school districts won't treat the SPD but other delays that may be because of the SPD. They can also make accomodations in the classroom but usually need outside direction as to what he might specifically need.

My DS gets help from the school and we have a private OT for the SPD.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN