Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Feeling old and unattractive.

I'm 31. I have always benne the type that likes my own hair color so I don't dye it. I don't wear makeup often because I like my own face. I go for comfort over fashion when it comes to shoes and clothes... But recently I feel old, unattractive, frumpy...,

My hair used to be sleek and I looked nice in a pony tail. Now I resemble medusa with the fly always. I HAVE to put hairspray to keep the majority of the flyaways down.

I saw a pic my DS took of me and I had wrinkles around my eyes! So I smiled in the mirror and I do have wrinkles around my eyes when I smile! Also I have bags under my eyes all the time and dark circles. Now I feel like I should put makeup every day.

Getting gray hairs and until I saw the wrinkles I didn't care.... Now I do.

I feel like I should spend lots of time primping to look nice or I will look old. But I don't know HOW to do my hair and makeup! Where did you learn it???

Ugh. I'm just feeling so unattractive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Replies (21-22):
mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM

To do your own make up,its just trial and error,I think.At least thats how I learned.

CafeMom Tickers
G2Mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I think we've all been there.  My go to products are the good old fashioned oil of olay night cream, I can tell a difference after wearing it everynight for just a few days.  I love the bb cream by loreal, its a tinted moisturizer and it really does improve skin tone.  Try washing your hair with a volumizng or thickening shampoo and conditioner.  I like fat hair by sammy.  I don't like to spent a lot of time on hair or makeup and a volumizing shampoo makes it easier to just wash and go and maybe throw on a headband.  just remember confidence is half the battle!  If you have to fake it until you can make it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)