Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Feeling old and unattractive.

I'm 31. I have always been the type that likes my own hair color so I don't dye it. I don't wear makeup often because I like my own face. I go for comfort over fashion when it comes to shoes and clothes... But recently I feel old, unattractive, frumpy...,

My hair used to be sleek and I looked nice in a pony tail. Now I resemble medusa with the fly always. I HAVE to put hairspray to keep the majority of the flyaways down.

I saw a pic my DS took of me and I had wrinkles around my eyes! So I smiled in the mirror and I do have wrinkles around my eyes when I smile! Also I have bags under my eyes all the time and dark circles. Now I feel like I should put makeup every day.

Getting gray hairs and until I saw the wrinkles I didn't care.... Now I do.

I feel like I should spend lots of time primping to look nice or I will look old. But I don't know HOW to do my hair and makeup! Where did you learn it???

Ugh. I'm just feeling so unattractive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-19):
bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM
You are sooo not alone...Im 34 and sometimes feel 54 lol
mommybug77
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Sorry
ardiaxe
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Try Clinique "all about eyes". Love it! Takes bags and circles away. If you don't wear makeup, try a bronzer, gives an instant glow.
You can always go to a makeup counter and have someone show you how to apply the makeup. You may have to do a wardrobe makeover, it will be some money, but well worth it. You are too young to feel frumpy, especially when you are very pretty :)
sunflowers12
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Well, don't get down on your self.. I think we all have these days were we feel as if we looking bad.. but manytimes its in our heads too... But if I am having a day like this I do things to help my self out of it little things help.me feel better like doing my feet and hair I do color cause I have always had gray even in my 20s so I color when ever I feel I need too..

I don't know I just do things to make my self to feel pretty..
ranchgirl05
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I am 37 and have felt the frump for some time... I use St Ives to wash my face with and tinted Garnier BB Cream for moisture and foundation if you will.. A lil Bare Minerals Aluminating Mineral Veil lil eye liner and a dab of mascara and im a brand new woman.. sounds like alot but not or I wouldnt be doing it I have discovered that messy buns and hats are my best friends with thinning and flyaways

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Hugs to you! I've been there and the closer I get to 40, I'm worried I'll be right back there! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Thanks ladies! I'll give your ideas a shot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM
I taught myself how to apply make-up when I started selling AVON. My mom doesn't wear it and never has. Rule number 1 is less is more. Rule number 2 is enhance what you have, don't try to create what you wish you had. YouTube is a really good place to learn about make-up application and hairstyles.

The TV show "What Not to Wear" helped me to overhaul my wardrobe and dress to flatter my figure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShaunnaMichelle
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

You can go to the hair salon (if you can schedule a "me" day) and they can teach you an easy way to do your hair. That costs money, which might not be an option (it's not for me). You could also look on YouTube for different styling ideas. 

For makeup, if you go to one of those big department stores (here we have Macy's) they will do your makeup for you for free and you can have them teach you while they are doing it. They usually know the current styles too, so that helps. 

I still don't do my make up or hair. Guess I should. However, the last time I tried to dye my hair, the darn white hairs would NOT cover. So I said to heck with it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN