Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

feeling blue

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM
  • 19 Replies
Just abit sad I am home with my 3 years old Mon-Fri. Hubby works Mon-Fri, he is off today but decided to go out bowling with a few guys friends. He will be back to works tomorrow-Fri again. So most likely I am home again ...nothing new or maybe staying home without a job just isn't for me. I'm due in 10 days and last week was my first week of becoming a SAHM. Again I though he would ne home early enough to read our lit man story time...well, its just us again ( he works 3pm-11pm, so dinner and story times mostly without him)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you see him and spend time with him at night?  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

karingT
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats hard and he should have spent time with you. Maybe you need something you can do for yourself that doesn't include him. It's hard sometimes being home with the kids all day and pregnant, looking forward to seeing him and now he is out. The weird thing is he probably don't even realize he has done anything wrong. It will be ok I wil be blue with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerryanneo
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM
3 moms liked this

It can be SO isolating being a SAHM.  It sucks he went bowling but on the other hand he does need to have "guy time" and it seriously sounds like you need some "girl time."   Being that you are 10 days away from delivery however, I would recommend some serious "you time."  So I would do whatever you can to pamper yourself for the next ten days and do as much self care as possible.  Good luck with your delivery!

Nenasam
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Not realy beside weekend's nights when he is off since weekdays' nights he song be home after 12 am..not I'm already asleep or awake still while he showers.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

So, if he gets home at 12, what time does he have to be at work the next day?  Can you spend mornings together?

As a mom, you have to sort of get the time in when you can.  My husband and I have developed a routine of putting the kids to bed at 8 and then we spend the rest of the night with each other.  It's sort of like a date night, every night.

If you get mornings with your husband, then make him breakfast and sit down and eat with him.  No matter what time it is.  Just to get that little bit of time.  While I do feel it's important for him to get some friend time, it's more important for you two to get time together also.

Quoting Nenasam:

Not realy beside weekend's nights when he is off since weekdays' nights he song be home after 12 am..not I'm already asleep or awake still while he showers.

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

aksub
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
It's hard. I was a stay at home mom after being a full time working mom for about 10 years, and it was hard. It took a while for all of us to adjust. Talk to your husband, explain how you feel, and go from there. Don't expect to love being at home, or for everything to be perfect right away. Especially with a new baby soon. I've been a SAHM for nearly 7 years now, and I love it, but it took time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Being a sahm can be isolating for sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nenasam
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:20 AM
It actually is, thank.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Being a sahm can be isolating for sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nenasam
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:24 AM
He needs to be at work by 3 pm if he doesn't picks up any extra hours. But he leaves home around 1 pm, he has a long commute to get to works. There isn't much morning times, he lives sleeping in. Thought he changes abit these past couple years by be up around 11ish

Quoting jillbailey26:

So, if he gets home at 12, what time does he have to be at work the next day?  Can you spend mornings together?

As a mom, you have to sort of get the time in when you can.  My husband and I have developed a routine of putting the kids to bed at 8 and then we spend the rest of the night with each other.  It's sort of like a date night, every night.

If you get mornings with your husband, then make him breakfast and sit down and eat with him.  No matter what time it is.  Just to get that little bit of time.  While I do feel it's important for him to get some friend time, it's more important for you two to get time together also.

Quoting Nenasam:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomma35
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Find a baby sitter and take some me time. Ask your husband if you two can go out to eat or just some time together, instead of him spending time with the guys.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN