Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

sometimes you need that reminder

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM
  • 9 Replies
That you dodged a bullet when it comes to an ex. I had mine today and got my feelings smashed all over.
However, it reminded me of all the times it happened when we were together and how much I am glad I had the power to leave him while six months pregnant. The way he treated me today was no different then back then....no change.
It thrilled me that I was headed home to the loving arms of my MEANT TO BE HUSBAND and that, even though raising my son alone for ten years was incredibly difficult, It was a trip to the park compared to what I would have lived with if I had actually gone through with the marriage. No manshould treat the mother of thier child the way he treats me....but I'm glad I don't have to put up with his abusive remarks 24/7!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaverickMama
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Yep i ran into an ex and he is no better now, then he was back then. In fact he is worse now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM
That's good you were able to get out when you did:) my dh used to be somewhat abusive but has changed over the years... Happy for you thou:)
mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Have been avoiding my ex h for about 6 weeks & last night he left a vmail saying to take him off child spt since he can't see our sons & he isn't calling anymore. Him not calling is the point. He doesn't see our sons cause they r only 2 & 4, he lives over 2,500 miles away & he has not seen them in 2.5 yrs. He told me to put them on an airplane alone... idiot!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Well, being that his german shepherd was the one who paid more attention to me during the pregnancy while he sleep voluntarily slept on the couch at nite....I could just see the marriage lasting about two years. I decided it was best for myself and my son to just be on our own from the beginning so there was no confusion or "money splitting" later. My husband supports ex's child and our child as both were his own as ex will only give money if I can prove beyond doubt that it is for school....some wierd idea that we will spend it on DH's bio only and not his bio so geez! YES, I dodged a bullet!

Quoting sunflowers12:

That's good you were able to get out when you did:) my dh used to be somewhat abusive but has changed over the years... Happy for you thou:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:59 AM
I get that allot. Both my exs are worthless. One has for more kids and a she of a wife with no job and the other, well, he will never grow the hell up. My df is quadruple the man they both are. Put together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
I have no idea how DH handles what's going on with his health. He's been diabetic for 21 years and now he has celiac disease. :(
Yesterday at 8:59 PM
by Linnette on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Good for you! I'm happy for you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM
I agree. My ex still lives the same way as he did 10 yrs ago that I divorced him. He is a good guy, but I'm glad I'm not with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Glad you are happy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)