Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

gift for a 4yrs old boy? *found a gift*

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 24 Replies
I am lucky to work on a company that coworkers act like family. We get invitations for birthdays, weddings, graduations and when I say we I mean the whole company. And I'm not talking about a bulletin board invite but a actual personalized invitation. And if for whatever reason you don't go then next morning everyone will ask if you were sick.

Well I had been able to avoid kids parties because I didn't had one till 3 month ago but now it feels like we get an invite for a kid related party every week.

Next one is a 4yrs old birthday party for a boy that pretty much has everything he needs and a good amount of what he wants. The kid is well behave and educated. But I love him because he is a charmer. If I give him an empty box as a birthday present he will thank me for the air and he really means it!

Even so I am stumped when it comes to ideas for a present. So what can I give a 4 yrs old that enjoys music and soccer but has an iPod (his father loves apple and pass on his old toys to his son every time he gets a new one) and all gear necessary for soccer?

What is a good birthday present any 4yrs old boy would enjoy?

Creativeout of the box ideas are appreciated!

Thanks mommas.

****Since you gave me so many good ideas I decided to run them by his dad...after all it is his parents that know him best. I found out that:

1. he still doesn't get the gift card concept so if get it he will place it on his wallet "like daddys credit cards" but won't allow anyone to use them. To the boy the card is the gift and it has no actual value.

2. He doesn't know any super hero. Dad isn't fond of them and he will now join school. His soccer team focus on soccer and asks parents to keep any other "toy" at home.

3. He doesn't like legos but loves trucks. Apparently trucks are great because he can fit stuff on them but when it comes to building things he still not big on it.
4. He loves movies and cartoons and could sit for hours if parents allow him watching Tom & Jerry.
5.He loves books. Dad says he gots secret stach of books in each room. He thinks that it started because whenever mom wanted to get him out of the room for a couple of minutes would say "If you go find a book mom will read it to you" he outsmarted mom and started placing books in each room. I find this hillarious!
6. His favorite toy is Mr. Potatoe Head.

So, since this is for Saturday I might not have enough time but if I am able I'll make him a pillow mattress with a Mr. Potatoe Head pillow to velcro parts and all. If I can't find the time to make it I'll get him a movie - Tom & Jerry - and make a movie box pop corn, candy, juice box.

Thanks for all your help mommas! I will keep your ideas at hand for future gifts as I know there will be tons to follow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Well this is by no means creative or out of the box, but an iTunes gift card?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:13 PM
There was an idea for a science set on pintrest. Let me see if I can find it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Books, games, Legos?
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I can't find the one I was talking about but this one would be fun

http://momsbyheart.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/fort-kit.jpg

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM
You can't go wrong with hot wheels or matchbox cars.
Even if they have doubles, they think It's "cool".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crisd77
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I have a 5 1/2 year old...he's totally into Lego Ninjago, Super Hero costumes & Skylanders (it's a popular video game).

I have a friend that just got a trunk as a gift for her son that was painted on top "Mason's Super Hero Play Costumes" and then had different play things inside....perfect for this time of year when halloween is in full swing! Boys love dressing up too! Ironman, Policeman, Superman... you name it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Movie pass, or gift cert to a kids play place. One time I did a paint kit, I got a bin and put paint, brushes, paper, a paint smock, and two cheap plastic table cloths to use for the table and floor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:40 AM

A savings bond? Tickets to a sporting event or concert (Trans-siberian Orchestra is touring and they are AMAZING , my girls-ages 3 and 6,  love music and love them),

motheroffour186
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:45 AM

cars, balls, somethimg that makes them move, because my son do not stop to time for bed.

KylesMom409
Well, Kyle had his first sleepover last night at his friend's house and it was successful! :) Can't wait to hear all about it when I pick him up.
Yesterday at 9:27 AM
by Linnette on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Agreed.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Books, games, Legos?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)