Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What do people usually assume about you, that is wrong

Posted by   + Show Post

?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Replies (291-300):
BeccaBear11
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:50 PM
That happened to me at my daughter's school when I was 20. She went to a K-8th school and when she was in kindergarten, I was 20 and they asked me why I wasn't in class!

Quoting hedgierose:

People assume that I am a very young teenager. I went to my little sisters school to tell her the sex of my baby and some woman asked why I wasn't in class. I looked at her and smiled then said "Ma'am I am 20 years old, I do not attend this middle school." She looked so distraught. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sharkgirl7
1 mom liked this

Me too!!

Quoting butterflymommy2:

For some reason every one thinks I'm a bitch. But I know I'm not. I just dislike being lied to and will voice my opinion lol

ft1966

People assume the same from me, that I'm strong and have it all together, but what about when I have a breakdown. The assumption makes me feel like a failure and have no one to go to, I'm so sad some days I cry all day and there's no one there to talk to.

Thanks for being there ladies

sunangel803
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM
People have told me they thought I was snobby when they met me because I'm shy. I'm just quiet :)
blessedmom1978
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM

People usually assume that I am mean. I often have a mad look on my face. It is genetic, My mom has the same look. People will tell me after they get to know me that they thought I was mean.

DOMTITI
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM
That I am stuck up:( I am far from it:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hedgierose
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Lol, or when I'm out in public with my mother who is only 36 we get strange looks. She was 16 when she had me and everyone assumes that she is like 25 and I'm her younger sister or something. It's quite sad.

Quoting BeccaBear11:

That happened to me at my daughter's school when I was 20. She went to a K-8th school and when she was in kindergarten, I was 20 and they asked me why I wasn't in class!

Quoting hedgierose:

People assume that I am a very young teenager. I went to my little sisters school to tell her the sex of my baby and some woman asked why I wasn't in class. I looked at her and smiled then said "Ma'am I am 20 years old, I do not attend this middle school." She looked so distraught. 

BeccaBear11
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Same.

Quoting garnet83:

That I'm a snob. Not true. I'm somewhat introverted and my mom drilled proper grammar and a large vocabulary into me since childhood so I tend to sound business-like (I guess) most of the time. It's not because I think I'm better. I just have flashbacks to childhood if I use poor grammar or slang. People don't know this and think I'm talking down to them. Oh well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorraine2674
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Yep here too.... Just shy and akward

Quoting lovemysnugbugs:

Same here. I wish I was more outgoing, but I'm just not.

Quoting BrooklynsMom11:

That Im snooty because I dont talk much. Im just super shy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeccaBear11
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Uh oh, I will be 36 when she is 21! I'm sure that will happen to us.

Quoting hedgierose:

Lol, or when I'm out in public with my mother who is only 36 we get strange looks. She was 16 when she had me and everyone assumes that she is like 25 and I'm her younger sister or something. It's quite sad.

Quoting BeccaBear11:

Quoting hedgierose:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)