Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do people usually assume about you, that is wrong

Posted by   + Show Post

?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Replies (301-310):
kelliewhitney
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM

That just because I homeschooled my kids for 5 years, I am some sort of hippie-dippie, take things as they come, let's not learn how to read today because we need to tend  to our bean sprouts person. Nothing wrong with that, but it could not be further from the truth! I am a very conservative gal. When I homeschholed, we were very regimented with our learning.

SueMNanaMama
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM

That I am anti-vax when what I really am is pro-choice and pro-vaccine safety.

katfeemom
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM

That since  I was fortunate enough to grow up on Long Island, that my life style is like an episode of revenge.  That when I go to visis my parents, that my time is spent hob nobbing with the crowds in the Hamptons.

That because of the enviroment that I was raised in, that I've never done a real days work, ~ Think JAP. Meanwhile, until the last 10 years, (2 kids, economy, dx'ed with M.S.) I've never had less than 2 job.

griffin_frances
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:58 AM
That I am the Spanish teacher. I teach 6th grade SS. I also look hispanic but actually am mixed. So I guess if I look hispanic and am a teacher then I must teach Spanish right??!! And these are the parents that assume this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncyeomanswife
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
That because I'm a submariner's wife I should be falling apart in a corner crying every time he's at sea. I've been doing this nearly 3 yrs & I knew from the beginning what I was getting into so it doesn't really phase me when he's gone. I've got plenty to keep myself occupied instead of being depressed. I'm too busy being proud of what he does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milmil06
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM
That I'm a bitch lol idk it's so funny people tell me all the time they can tell I'm not from va I've got a different attitude then Girls from here my husband calls it Cali swag he's so dumb but it's so funny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sillytime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know! Good question!?! I guess I don't really care what others think about me so I haven't noticed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FIMarriott
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:15 AM

People usually assume that I'm a bimbo because of my large chest. I'm actually quite intelligent :-)

suesues
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I have been shy all my life some people think i am not friendly i just dont like talking to strangers

also a widow for 10 yrs people thing i strong i just do what i have to to survive

almondpigeon
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Ha!  I said the exact same thing after my attempt at a vegetable garden failed miserably this year!!

Quoting Momof697:

same here except I have 5 kids and I am a farmers wife so they usually think I have a bg garden also.   Nope everything I try to grow (except kids) die. I homeschool all 5 of my kids though.

Quoting almondpigeon:

That since I'm a SAHM & I homeschool 4 kids, I'm this fantastic housekeeper & parent.  They have no idea that my kids run around like crazy people and the chaos level in this house is insane. Also, my house will be clean when you come visit, because we all go on a cleaning frenzy 15 minutes before you get here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)