Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What do people usually assume about you, that is wrong

Posted by   + Show Post

?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
graciefreesoul
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM

a couple ppl (strangers) in college thought i was from Ethiopia... ?????heh?????

so i mentioned it to my Ethiopian classmate and she said 'yes! you do look like one of us.' LOL

Quoting OttawaHoney:

Isn't it weird? I never know what to say. It's always awkward. There is nothing wrong with being Arab, I'm just not Arab.

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

That I am Arab. Even Arabs mistake me for being Arab. Everywhere I go this happens. One lady finally explained it to me, it's not just my hijab (head scarf) but my coloring and facial features. I randomly have people speak to me in Arabic. Once in France I even had an older Iraqi Kurd speak Kurdish to me. When I didn't respond he asked if I was Arab. He thought for sure I had to be Iraqi. I am mistaken for Iraqi and Jordanian most often.

Everyone mistake my ethnic to...

workoutmom2b1g
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM

That I'm 12. I am petite and not even close to being 12. Our waitress the other day thought my husband, who is only 5 months older then me, was mine and our kids Dad. GROSS. Weird...

LaughingTattoo
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That Im a bitch. Pretty sure its a combination of my looks and the fac that I dont "randomly" sile at strangers. Im actually not...most people I meet get along with me well. If I am a bitch to you...then you deserve it  :)

sheri305
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Quoting graciefreesoul:

a couple ppl (strangers) in college thought i was from Ethiopia... ?????heh?????

so i mentioned it to my Ethiopian classmate and she said 'yes! you do look like one of us.' LOL

Quoting OttawaHoney:

Isn't it weird? I never know what to say. It's always awkward. There is nothing wrong with being Arab, I'm just not Arab.

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

That I am Arab. Even Arabs mistake me for being Arab. Everywhere I go this happens. One lady finally explained it to me, it's not just my hijab (head scarf) but my coloring and facial features. I randomly have people speak to me in Arabic. Once in France I even had an older Iraqi Kurd speak Kurdish to me. When I didn't respond he asked if I was Arab. He thought for sure I had to be Iraqi. I am mistaken for Iraqi and Jordanian most often.

Lol

sheri305
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Quoting OttawaHoney:

Lol, the accent thing is hilarious! Maybe somewhere way, way back you have a Jamaican relative and I have an Arab relative, lol.

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

For me its very weird because I traveled,but never lived anywhere other than Florida,and people always think im from NewYork,saying I sound like a Newyorker,whatever that mean,lol,or from Bahamas or Jamaica,saying I have those features and that I have an accent,*shrugs*,lol

Hahaha,Ikr..Their always like "That accent,um,where is it from".... And im always like "Um,from Miami Florida,lol

jynkx
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:37 PM

that im mean.  thats so far from the truth though.  i have one of those faces that if im not smiling i guess i look a little pissed.  ive been told that since i was a child.  

svolkov
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this
That I am uneducated)I'm a sahm, that I'm a republican/christian etc(we live in a nice burb)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciefreesoul
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM

me too!!!!

i've had complete strangers stop and either ask if i'm ok or clerks at the convenience store ask why i always look so mad!

Quoting jynkx:

that im mean.  thats so far from the truth though.  i have one of those faces that if im not smiling i guess i look a little pissed.  ive been told that since i was a child.  

BMof2SMof2
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:46 PM
ME TOO!!!!

Quoting marie2409:

That I am pissed or unhappy. Guess I just have that look. I'm not a bubbly person, kinda socially awkward. But I don't walk around pissed, just not into fake small talk and fake smiles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie2409
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I have had random strangers do the same. It catches me off guard sometimes still.

Quoting graciefreesoul:

me too!!!!

i've had complete strangers stop and either ask if i'm ok or clerks at the convenience store ask why i always look so mad!

Quoting jynkx:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)