Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What do people usually assume about you, that is wrong

Posted by   + Show Post

?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Replies (311-320):
almondpigeon
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Yep.  I have cleaned the guest bathroom with baby wipes many times!  Don't know how I'd survive w/o them!!

Quoting mamatrinie:

Quoting almondpigeon:

That since I'm a SAHM & I homeschool 4 kids, I'm this fantastic housekeeper & parent.  They have no idea that my kids run around like crazy people and the chaos level in this house is insane. Also, my house will be clean when you come visit, because we all go on a cleaning frenzy 15 minutes before you get here.

My mom was is a sahm and homeschooled ten kids we did the.same thing :) and even when they got there if we didn't do something with the bathrooms we would say we had to go so that we could do a quick wipe down and scrub of the toloit and sinks with our best friend the baby wipe :)

brenatens
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:18 AM
People tend to think I'm young and innocent.
JadsW
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
That I'm nice & I want to listen to their problems. I'm not mean - I *am* kind - but I am not a naïve doormat, I'm not always in a good mood, I don't see the world through rose-colored glasses, and most of the time, I'm just being polite. No, Ms. Stranger at the doctor's office, I do not want to hear about your daughter's boyfriend who treats Uncle Sal like a jackass every holiday get-together. Guess why? IDGAF!! I would, frankly, rather be rocking out to Green Day and playing Angry Birds until they call me back and yoooou are fucking up my whole groove because you caught me before I put my headphones on. But, please, go on. I'm riveted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillysnow
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM
that im a stupid bitch because im opionated and they dont necessarily agree with me. i guess people dont realize everyones different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Synexx
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM

People often assume that upon seeing me that I am a bitch. I've heard many people say that I look very threatening and judgmental. However, the truth is quite the contrary. I just happen to have an Eastern European face, which is generally sort of stern-looking. So, when I am not smiling, I look angry. I believe that I am one of the least judmental people I've ever met and very non-threatening.

phoenixmom
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM

most people assume, even family, that there is nothing negative going on. I do not like to talk about bad things going on. No one can do anything about it, not even myself. Live and let live. I don't let things get to me and I make molehills into flat land. People ask what nationality I am, thinking I am a foreigner, never knew I was 25% black until 5 years ago when I met my dad, he is half black. If gives me the full lips, high cheek bones and olive skin. :)

WildLilli
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That my husband and i have "the perfect marriage" ... Don't get me wrong, we have an amazing relationship, we just don't act like asses and bring up fights in front of each others friends or family... And we work hard to maintain good communication.... Ten years and one child later we are still happy being together!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I have facial piercings so I get a lot of wierd looks and I think people judge me that I'm a rebel but really I jus tlike my piercings-I've had them all since I was in my teens and now in my 30s I still love them.

jschanerman
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM

i love that you are a firedancer ... i'm a hoopdancer but not a lot of people know it yet ;)

Quoting kagegirl:

That I am a stripper. I say firedancer and, for whatever reason, they hear stripper. Yeah, with five kids and a shit ton of stretch marks, I am a stripper. Right!

kagegirl
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM
I will be learning hoop after I birth this latest minion.

Quoting jschanerman:

i love that you are a firedancer ... i'm a hoopdancer but not a lot of people know it yet ;)

Quoting kagegirl:

That I am a stripper. I say firedancer and, for whatever reason, they hear stripper. Yeah, with five kids and a shit ton of stretch marks, I am a stripper. Right!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN