Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What do people usually assume about you, that is wrong

Posted by   + Show Post

?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Replies (41-50):
mhaney03
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I have a rep from high school that follows me around still.. small town.  and it's not even a rep I earned by doing things, but more by association. 

OttawaHoney
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:56 PM
That's awesome! LOL, what did you say when they told you that? It really catches me off guard.

Quoting graciefreesoul:

a couple ppl (strangers) in college thought i was from Ethiopia... ?????heh?????

so i mentioned it to my Ethiopian classmate and she said 'yes! you do look like one of us.' LOL

Quoting OttawaHoney:

Isn't it weird? I never know what to say. It's always awkward. There is nothing wrong with being Arab, I'm just not Arab.

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

That I am Arab. Even Arabs mistake me for being Arab. Everywhere I go this happens. One lady finally explained it to me, it's not just my hijab (head scarf) but my coloring and facial features. I randomly have people speak to me in Arabic. Once in France I even had an older Iraqi Kurd speak Kurdish to me. When I didn't respond he asked if I was Arab. He thought for sure I had to be Iraqi. I am mistaken for Iraqi and Jordanian most often.

Everyone mistake my ethnic to...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassyme999
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
That I'm 15 years old at the most ..I'm 33 and have 3 dd's the oldest is 13 . They always think I'm baby sitting .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shudderette
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM
That I must be poor cause i'm fat... wait, that's a different group.

No, really, I have no idea what ppl assume about me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciefreesoul
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

lol! same here...

stranger: ma'am? are you okay? (look of alarm on their face)

me:  uhhhhhhh, yeah? i'm fine. (wondering if i have an ax or knife sticking out of my back that i don't know about hahaha)

Quoting marie2409:

I have had random strangers do the same. It catches me off guard sometimes still.

Quoting graciefreesoul:

me too!!!!

i've had complete strangers stop and either ask if i'm ok or clerks at the convenience store ask why i always look so mad!

Quoting jynkx:

that im mean.  thats so far from the truth though.  i have one of those faces that if im not smiling i guess i look a little pissed.  ive been told that since i was a child.  

nodramamama311
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I really don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciefreesoul
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM

i was shocked to say the least (when Bisrat said i do look like one of 'them') b/c it was more than one person assuming that and i didn't think Ethiopians had a certain look...Bisrat said i have the forehead and cheekbones and complexion like they do...i tried to look around and see what she meant but couldn't...i see asian, hispanic, american (brown and white lol), native american, and maybe italian?? but not ethiopian or french or russian or austrailian haha nothing specific like ethiopian!

Quoting OttawaHoney:

That's awesome! LOL, what did you say when they told you that? It really catches me off guard.

Quoting graciefreesoul:

a couple ppl (strangers) in college thought i was from Ethiopia... ?????heh?????

so i mentioned it to my Ethiopian classmate and she said 'yes! you do look like one of us.' LOL

Quoting OttawaHoney:

Isn't it weird? I never know what to say. It's always awkward. There is nothing wrong with being Arab, I'm just not Arab.

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting OttawaHoney:

That I am Arab. Even Arabs mistake me for being Arab. Everywhere I go this happens. One lady finally explained it to me, it's not just my hijab (head scarf) but my coloring and facial features. I randomly have people speak to me in Arabic. Once in France I even had an older Iraqi Kurd speak Kurdish to me. When I didn't respond he asked if I was Arab. He thought for sure I had to be Iraqi. I am mistaken for Iraqi and Jordanian most often.

Everyone mistake my ethnic to...

theresamarie77
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

That I am argumentative or being obnoxious...... I think its because I come from NY and now live in the west. I feel like I am just having a normal conversation... then out of no where the other party will say something like..... I'm not trying to argue with you!!! It always takes my by surprise!!!! People don't do this once they get to know me. This NEVER happened to me in NY.

MommeeTo4
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
That I'm younger than I actually am, and that I'm a bitch. I'm not I'm just shy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxiekittie
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

that im a bad mom, bc my ex spread shit about me after we broke up that never was true, now i spend my days trying to repair my repuatation in a small town

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)