Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Would you prefer to drive a car with a manual shift or an automatic transmission

Posted by   + Show Post

?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Replies (21-28):
kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Manual. I have an auto now and still feel myself reaching to downshift or stomp the clutch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Me too

Quoting e-doolittle:

I miss my stick shift
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mustloveanimals
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Manual. And I think everyone should drive a manual. I think people wouldn't drive so stupidly in traffic jams then. Of course, no one would stop at stop signs either, they'd just coast so they don't have to go down to first. But truthfully, you have better control over the car if you drive manual. ALL my cars have been manual trans.

ChancesMommy07
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM
It doesn't matter to me. My car is automatic, my husbands is standard. And the truck I drive when the roads are bad is a standard. I'm comfortable with either but I think standards are more fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mustloveanimals
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:57 PM

There are a few you can order with manual trans, but you are right, they are few and far between. I got a Subaru Forester which is classified as a station wagon but it more like a small SUV. I love that I didn't have to give up my stick shift :)

Quoting Marimaru:

I prefer stick, but we recently got an SUV, and you just can't find those with manual transmission these days.

storkradio193
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM

automatic.  There are too many hills and too much traffic here.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

dylansmommy00
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM
I would rather have a stick but I wanted a fully loaded alero and I couldn't find one with a stick and the interior options I wanted so it's an automatic. My suburban is also automatic but my husband said if he has to replace the transmission again, he's going to see if it can be changed to a stick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1CrazyCajun
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Prefer manuel. That's what I learned on and drove for 10+ years. Then I got a car for more space and carseat. It was a auto. Sometimes I still catch myself reaching for the gear shift and clutch.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Are you more laid back?Come join other like minded moms. No pi*sing matches here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN