Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

friendship

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:55 AM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why is it so hard to find people you have things in common with at 30?? Its so hard to make friends when you are married with kids.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I completely agree! 

tinkerbellp
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I m married but have no kids but been trying we can be friends :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OlSolya
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I'm 30 agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kranger
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Right there with ya. I'm not married but have 2 teenagers, and most of my "friends" are just now getting married and starting their families. Come to think of it, I really dont have any friends that I talk to regularly.

MelissaDSowa
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Yes friends become acquaintences as life changes.

sunflowers12
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM

i am not sure i have asked my self the same question many times.. i guess its just we are so busy and just get caught up in the moment and just really don't have time to focus much on developing good friendships.. i often here others say things like "if it work in my schedule", and things like that... so that plays a big roll i think.. on the other hand there's many that just don't give others a chance for one reason or another.. but it does help to have things in common with others.. like on my street theirs a few mom's one is adhd the other and alcoholic and the other just doesn't care so what do you do.. me i keep to my self and help if its asked of me and i can do what they ask...confused

diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I'm 33, I agree.
Crisd77
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM
What's your definition of a friend? I have diferent people in my life that provide me with different feelings. I still talk to my high school peeps via Facebook but rarely if ever do I see them...they provide encouragement & understanding of someone our age group (35) gets. I hang out with family a lot and enjoy their company and the woman like to get together for daytrips or playdates. My son has me meeting up with his friend's parents more now. Two in particular are going through almost the exact same thing as we are which is creating a bond between us...same age firstborns and pregnant w/ baby #2!
I think you won't find the perfect friend for life but many friends over the course of a lifetime that help you get through life events. Also, what you get is sometimes what you put into a relationship. If you don't have time to hear a friends woes or not there when she needs you...you can't expect her to be there for you. Besides my bestest friend of all is my husband!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
G2Mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM

It really is!  especially since we ahd our daughter in February, all my friends children are at least in middle school.  DS is in the 5th grade and dd is 8 months old.

givenshl
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I can dig it. I don't have any people I can call friends in my life @ this point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)