Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What phrases annoy you in common conversation

Posted by   + Show Post

?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Replies (21-30):
sheri305
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I dont like the word "what" as an answer when a person is being called.Sound rude to me....

dragonfly.1982
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Hehe I say Can I ask you another question? It confuses people just enough that I dont get the you just did responce :)

Quoting QueenoftheMae:

Can I ask you a question?

Apparently. You just did!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerryanneo
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I know that it's correct to say "coo-pon" for coupon (instead of "kew-pon," which is also correct) but it drives me crazy.  I obviously have some sort of weird complex but I automatically think "poop-on."  I know, I'm a dork.

skyfire27
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:05 PM

although I see a lot of good ones I would have to say the phrases tha bother me the most are 1) "my bad"...it bothered me when it first came out and still kills me today. The 2nd one is... "whatever"...it seems to be used when someone has lost an argument and can't find anything else to say.

BsMom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Can't think of any phrases right now, but I hate it when I hear "flustrated". NOT A WORD!!! It's either frustrated or flustered. Ok, I feel better now, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChikSlim
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

When two adults are having a non-joking (is this a word?) conversation, one of the adults asks "Are you serious?"........... Like Hell Yeah I'm serious, I just said my damn house is on fire u BIG McStupid!!! LOL -

PS: My house really isn't on fire, I was just using that as an example, lol

jenmatt451
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Quoting clairewait:

Everything that has been said so far... LORD. Yes. To all of it.

I also really hate "No worries!"

I don't know. To me it is such a passifist approach to life. Like, you can do anything or say anything to me and I will completely pretend not to be bothered. This personality irks me.

UGGGHHH!!! This is my ex-husband's FAVORITE thing to say and it just makes we want to vomit!!  Yeah, he has no worries....our son lives with me...in another state!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

graciefreesoul
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM

teen talk...all the kids (including girls) call everyone 'bro' and if someone gets mad or has an attitude, they're being 'salty'...i'm 38...haven't we been thru those enough times? yolo is getn on my last one and i am SO glad kids stopped saying 'beat it'...

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:34 PM
I hate conversate, it is converse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenmatt451
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I think the biggest one for me right now is "solid".  One of the new hires at the office is maybe 21 and she constantly replies "solid" when you answer a question she may ask.....grates my nerves.  Makes me hope I wasn't that annoying at her age!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)