Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Wedding attire

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM
  • 10 Replies
Tomorrow DH and I are going to my 2 nd cousins wedding reception. Not the wedding. It's fall and its cold. Is it appropriate to wear jeans and dress them up? Or do I need to suck it up and wear dress pants??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my2boysandgirl
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

What kind of reception and wedding is it? If it is more formal then yes you have to dress up. If it is more of a casual thing you might be able to get away with dressing up jeans. What type of attire is the wedding party wearing or the other guests. Just because you aren't going to the ceremony doesn't mean that it is automaticall\y more casual.

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM

If it were me, I would wear dress pants. I was brought up in a family that believed that jeans were inappropriate attire for weddings, funerals, church, and job interviews etc.  Is this a formal or casual reception?  You could ask your cousin about your outfit and see what she thinks. Good luck.

-KJ
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I don't know what other people are wearing....the reception is at a restaurant banquet hall. I haven't seen most of these people in 10 years or so.

Quoting my2boysandgirl:

What kind of reception and wedding is it? If it is more formal then yes you have to dress up. If it is more of a casual thing you might be able to get away with dressing up jeans. What type of attire is the wedding party wearing or the other guests. Just because you aren't going to the ceremony doesn't mean that it is automaticall\y more casual.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Since the reception is at a restaurant banquet hall, I would forgo wearing jeans and put on a nice pair of dress pants.  You are better being overdressed than underdressed.  We were brought up to never wear jeans to funerals and weddings and interviews - you want to represent yourself well even if you haven't seen them in 10 years.

gcecelie
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

The invitation should tell you or ask the bride. Some people are really touchy about that stuff.

For my wedding, you could show in shorts, I didn't care. As long as you had fun, that was all that mattered.

-KJ
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM
I completely want them to be happy with how guest are dressed, I have procrastinated finding something to wear and I will just go with dressy.

I don't want to be underdressed!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Since the reception is at a restaurant banquet hall, I would forgo wearing jeans and put on a nice pair of dress pants.  You are better being overdressed than underdressed.  We were brought up to never wear jeans to funerals and weddings and interviews - you want to represent yourself well even if you haven't seen them in 10 years.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I think that in any situation, you can't go wrong with a pair of black dress pants! LOL!

Quoting -KJ:

I completely want them to be happy with how guest are dressed, I have procrastinated finding something to wear and I will just go with dressy.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Agreed!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I think that in any situation, you can't go wrong with a pair of black dress pants! LOL!

Quoting -KJ:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
I would definitely go with dress pants.
-KJ
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Thanks for your input! That's what I will do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN