Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How many of you do not Facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not a Face book user. Anymore that is. Are there any of you that do not use and why.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
AleaKat
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Our family is spread out all over the world. Facebook allows us to share photos and events
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larabear1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:22 AM
I want to stop using facebook. All the things other people are doing that we can't afford to do just depresses me. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I broke up with Facebook a couple of years ago. I just decided that I didn't need to be sharing so much of my life with people who didn't really need to know so much about me.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I agree! I don't take social networking serious! People still cheat the old fashion way! DH&I both have big families and we are not near them! Honestly if don't use&have your reason thats fine but I hate to hear how "immature" something is b/c someone doesn't care for it! There are a lot things I don't like but b/c I don't like it doesn't meam I put it down! And really like CM has any less drama? LOL

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

My husband and I have been on Facebook since it was just for college students. I've always thought the argument that it causes problems in relationships is ridiculous. If social networking sites cause problems in your relationship it wasn't that strong to begin with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Sorry about your miscarriage! I had one years ago very sad and never goes away! You move on but its still in your heart!((hugs))
BTW Isn't CM the sams thing women have babies&getting married? I'm just wondering?

Quoting Roxygurl:

I had Facebook and I guess technically I still do I just haven't logged in in several months.

Back in march I miscarried and my boyfriend left me all in the same week. People were posting things about getting pregnant and getting married and I just couldn't take it so I logged off and never logged back on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinkerbellp
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM
I had fb but then I stop using it cause of my family talk bad abt me and I just had enough it I surely hate drama that all what's going on fb is drama,gossip,haters n ect.... But, I did get out of it till my friend reaccount it I told her I don't miss fb @ all she said she wanted to stay in touch I said use txt or e-mail

Quoting nodramamama311:

Facebook is what you make it. If you are immature or have immature friends on there then that's what it will be for you. I love Facebook. I do not live near any family or friends, and yes I do call them regularly, and with Facebook I get to see pictures and videos of all my loved ones all the time. And sure there are people who like to cause problems, but you know what, I've deleted them or hid them from my page and problem solved.

If some social media network causes issues between you and your spouse then you guys had problems already. I really can't stand it when people blame Facebook or texting for their relationship problems, that, to me, shows immaturity. Just my 2 cents.

Quoting back40mama:

That's the exact reason my Husband and I don't use it as well. I find too that their is so much imaturity on it and talk about the trash. Great to see we aren't alone!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesCSki
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
DH and I cancelled our accounts months ago and I'm happy we no longer have them.
It's so superficial and time consuming. The most important people in your life will remain in contact no matter what, you don't need a tool like FB.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nenasam
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM
My hubby never has one but I do have one. Not a big fan. But its good to have one to keep in touch with friends that has moved away. Recently, my best friend just moves :'( so fb keep us in touch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this
I do think its funny how people talk about the immature drama of social networking yet they are active members of CafeMom. Also a drama filled social networking site...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PSar101
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:19 PM
I never used it & neither has my husband. Since we have gone so long without it, we can't give in now. I feel that ones life isn't private anymore because they post everything on FB. I'm sure it helps to stay in touch with friend & family that live out of state, but isn't that what a phone is for? I'm happy not to be on FB!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)