Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How many of you do not Facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not a Face book user. Anymore that is. Are there any of you that do not use and why.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
graciefreesoul
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM

i laid to rest my 3rd (i think) profile a while back but occassionally i need to contact someone on there if i don't have a phone number so i use my daughters for that lol but no, not a FBer anymore...i got tired of feeling lonely on both the net and real life...in the end i cut my friendslist  down to like 16 and what was left was mostly family...

elkmomma
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I choose not to use it.  I do at times think about starting up though.  We have family members everywhere and it would help increase communications with them, but I also know FB can be destructive at the same time.  FB and texting have a place and time but not in our lives for now, may be when my son is a little more mature.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

My husband and I have been on Facebook since it was just for college students. I've always thought the argument that it causes problems in relationships is ridiculous. If social networking sites cause problems in your relationship it wasn't that strong to begin with.

I fully agree. My husband and I have been on MySpace and then Facebook since they were available and never once have they come between us. 

We are both mature enough to not have people that bring drama on our pages so they are relatively quiet. 

ladytee75
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Im not a user for me it makes no sense and causes to many problems I don't need it

lovedbymom
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I don't get on facebook much, but I still have my account because of my family that is out of state or out of town.  I am bored with facebook otherwise.

kerryanneo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I like my facebook.  I don't get involved with any drama.  One thing that has been great though are the "groups."  My dd's school has facebook groups for each class.  It's a great way to keep in touch with the other parents in the class if we have any questions about homework, etc. etc.

Dannille33
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I don't use it often.. but I keep it to connect with my family.

melissam78
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:26 AM
I have a Facebook that I originally used for keeping up with friends & family that I don't see or talk to because of distance as well as liking certain pages like my kids school or headline news,things of that nature.facebook has turned into a huge online drama fest & there's just no use of getting on anymore,I'd rather come over here where the info is more useful for me as a mom and the drama has less to do with high school and more to do with real issues as well as a side of humor :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
G2Mama
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I agree totally.  I don't remember the percentage but fb has played a huge role in divorce.  My dh and I don't do it for the exact reason you stated, we keep in contact with the people we want to.  We use shutterfly to share pictures with family members and friends.  

Quoting tbarnes895:

I've never used it and neither has my SO we think they can cause too many problems between couples and to be honest I keep in touch with all the people I care to personally.

Don't squat with your spurs on!

Melissacowgirl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN