Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just need to vent

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM
  • 8 Replies

We leave in a neighborhood with a mix of young and old couples. We have a couple of people who like to shoot their guns and I am not against it. But it goes on for hours at a time and it is very very loud. Most people have stopped and one finally did after learning it scared my children. My husband goes out to my Aunts farm with lots of land to shoot. Just to make sure his gun is working for hunting season. The one neighborhood who has very loud guns has been shooting for hours on Saturday. We had asked him before to please stop because we are working our horse. His sil is my best friend and she know my youngest has very senstive hearing and loud noise hurts her ears. Her ears ring and hurt. So I have hinted on FB about my daughter not being able to enjoy playing outside because of how loud it is because of a neighbor. Also across from them is an elderly couple and the husband is very very sick. His wife believes he does not have much longer to live. This week I posted that my child could not work our horse again today and because someone has to ruin her fun. That my oldest can't believe how someone could do that to an elderly couple. Cant you show them respect. Smart kid to know you should showelderly respect. Never named names and I always been able to tell her anything. I did not want to say thing to her directly just thought that a hint and they might be a little more respectful. But she posted I thought it was a free country and her sister posted some people need to move out of the neighborhood. Why should we have to move because of them. We are not in a city and you can shoot on your own property as long as it is safe. But what is wrong with keeping it in reason. If it is exemterly loud go somewhere else. When you have people with small children or sick family or even a child who has senstive hearing. Why shoot something so loud for hours at a time? It is one right after another one. When you are 2 blocks away and in your house with the tv on and can still hear it. Come on. I have really lost any respect I had for my so called Best Friend that I have been friends with for over 20 yrs. I can't believe she would agree to what he is doing. She does not even like him and her husband will not live in the same neighborhood because of him. They moved out and several miles away. If it was anyone of them and it was their child they would be very upset. The guy doing it would go after that person. So upset with them.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
soulofsunmama
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Why don't you be the bigger person, and go talk to the neighbor yourself?
Hinting on facebook is passive aggressive.
Maybe yall could balance some allocated times during the day for each ones activity.
Honesty is always a better policy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM

commonly that the reason folks move out to these areas, unfortunately we all have to live somewhere and that's why its important to do the home work when it comes to moving somewhere.. know matter where you go your going to find someone somewhere that's not going to do what you like and something that they do like... so just have to get over it sometimes.. we lived in an area like you too i am not a gun lover, but its the rights of the ppl.. i am not into horses either, but ppl road them all over and they crap everywhere!! the ppl had loud parties with all sorts of walks of life drinking, cussing and doing drugs, fighting .. my dh and i finally said enough its time to go... so you see there's only so much ppl can take form others.. didn't change much we moved in to the city and have some of the same issues so that is just something we all have to deal with...

hope you can get it all worked out thou and as far as friendships go i would be very careful about that too.. just never know when ppl will turn but i can almost grantee they will...

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
LOL do you live in my neighborhood.
We have a guy behind us who shoots for hours and sometimes shoots a cannon. Plus other things that I won't go into.

We don't allow DS to play out in the back feild now because of it.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. We have to take the good with bad. We are just hoping they move soon, they're renters. Unfortunately you can't dictate what others do on their own property unless It's against the law.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM
If he's not breaking the law...there is nothing you can do about it.
Though how about going over and asking them NICELY to limit the shooting. "Hinting" on Facebook is probably just pissing them off. Be an adult and go speak to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Unfortunately there's not much you can do - I would suggest talking to him nicely and see if you can come to a happy medium - aske him if it would be okay to restrain his shooting in between certain times or days explain about your daughter.

Every neighbourhood has their quirk - diagonally from me I have this couple who are constantly having parties in the summertime play their music super loud, they talk super loud, they obviously get liquored & no respect for all the families with children that are around !   But if my german shepherd barks for 2 seconds they scream "Shut the F*ck up* and they have called animal control on my dogs once. - The family behind me ... the mother screeches and yells at her kids constantly in some other language and has a screaming baby and all doors and windows opened all the time.  The rest are cool but accross the street there's always a flock of teenagers coming in and out with their suped up cars and loud music but their house is for sale ... he he good ridance !

raines96
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM

We did and he said you I am going to what I am going to do. No one can stop me from doing it on my property.

Dannille33
by Emerald Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM
I think you should talk to this woman and perhaps those shooting their guns. Ask if there is a time in which you could work with your horse. And also make known of the elderly man that doesn't have much time. Perhaps they might show emapthy. It's worth a try. Slight hints aren't as strong as the presents of someone face to face:)
raines96
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Sorry did not mean to have the you in there. What is so bad if it was his family this was happening too he would be threating to kill that person. I was hoping my so called best friend would help me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)