Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Anyone's husband getting snipped?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:25 AM
  • 46 Replies
Hi ladies:) My husband is all about not having anymore kids. We have a 2.5 and 8 weeks old boys. I would like one more, but by the time I got cleared to have another (2c-sections already) I would be 34, due at 35 and I dont want that. I'm already tired. Lol

My question is, has your husband been or getting snipped? What are your thoughts on it and was it a big deal for the man? They said it was an in office procedure and I just find that hard to believe. Details.....details.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Here's a bump because as far as I know LOL my husband isn't having that done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM

He is getting it done on November 9th, and I am super duper excited! I can not wait until We can get back to a healthy sex life. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Oh, and it is a really simple, 30 minute thing. The doctor usually has you take a Valium about an hour before hand. then he makes a smal incision, pulls out the tube, cuts and clamps it and boom. you are done.

-KJ
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM
My DH will be in the near future! I said he had to b/c I think it's easier than if I were to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Polemomma2010
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM
My husband got it done after our second child was born. We both decided we were done. I didn't want to be on birth control anymore and we were done having kids. It was an in and out procedure. He was sore for about 2 wks but lets just say we have alot more fun having sex now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomE3
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM

My hubby has been talking about it for awhile It would makes things sooooo much easier in the bedroom lol Im really curious though so I was hoping to catch some details here :)

Aislinn
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I went through nine months of pure hell. He went through a day of discomfort. lol It IS an office procedure and it is a very MINOR operation. It only takes a few minutes. All he will need is a bag of frozen peas for a day. Heck, my husband was working in his shop, that night.

jakesmom323
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree girlfriend! 18 months of pregnancy, and two kids under 3! I'm donzo;) I think it's so much easier for the guy than the girl. That Essure procedure didn't sit well with me either, so I'm glad he's getting it done. I always saw myself with a girl but God know what he's doing when I got my boys:)

Quoting Aislinn:

I went through nine months of pure hell. He went through a day of discomfort. lol It IS an office procedure and it is a very MINOR operation. It only takes a few minutes. All he will need is a bag of frozen peas for a day. Heck, my husband was working in his shop, that night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Won't it be great not to worry anymore!

Quoting MomE3:

My hubby has been talking about it for awhile It would makes things sooooo much easier in the bedroom lol Im really curious though so I was hoping to catch some details here :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I'm ready for some fun because two kids doesn't help the intimate" alone" times. Lol

Quoting Polemomma2010:

My husband got it done after our second child was born. We both decided we were done. I didn't want to be on birth control anymore and we were done having kids. It was an in and out procedure. He was sore for about 2 wks but lets just say we have alot more fun having sex now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)