Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I'd better eat before we go out to eat

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:38 AM
  • 10 Replies
We wil be leaving for DD#2's birthday lunch/dinner as soon as the other kids get home from school....today is an early-dismissal day.
We are taking the bus to another town where there are a lot of restaurants.
I get carsick...especially with an empty stomach.
I guess I better eat something before we leave....just seems strange.
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannille33
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Have a great time!! And yes eat a little something so your stomach isn't so touch but so you can also eat when you get to the restaurant...
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM

eat saltines - they seem to have this "stomach settling" power to them

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Chew gum?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM

my mom and son both get motion sickness, you can take motion sickness meds for it before you leave but something light in you tummy will probably help to.. just don't drink milk what ever you do that's the wrong thing yikes what a smell and mess to clean!!good

TableforSeven
by Judy on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Oh my goodness...we got busy right after I posted and all I had time to grab were a few tictacs....and I couldn't find my Dramamine!
We took a sherut (shared taxi) going and a bus coming back. Both drivers were flippin' INSANE. Yes it was a main road/Hilary...but we live in the mountains with a lot of up and down. It was like a freakin' roller coaster! DH never gets sick in the car but even he was feeling icky by the time we got home (the bus w worse than the sherut).

But...we had a nice meal out and DD is happy...that's what it was all about.
bookworm14
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM
It never takes much for me to get motion sickness, I know how ya feel! Glad your daughter had fun :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Oh my!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:05 PM

well glad the kid is happy and no one tossed up lunch on the bus or the cab thing. too bad the drivers were insane I hate that :(

Quoting TableforSeven:

Oh my goodness...we got busy right after I posted and all I had time to grab were a few tictacs....and I couldn't find my Dramamine!
We took a sherut (shared taxi) going and a bus coming back. Both drivers were flippin' INSANE. Yes it was a main road/Hilary...but we live in the mountains with a lot of up and down. It was like a freakin' roller coaster! DH never gets sick in the car but even he was feeling icky by the time we got home (the bus w worse than the sherut).

elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM
I have never in my life been in a cab where the driver wasn't insane! I always feel like I am holding on for dear life! And I am not a good passenger to begin with! Glad your dd had a nice time for her big day though. Have you posted pics of your new house and town yet?

Quoting TableforSeven:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Quoting elzmnsf:

Not yet....I have to use DH 's computer for that and he only now is really getting it working.
I can't post pictures, etc from my tablet because this website insists that the tablet is 'mobile'.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)