Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

My 6 year old daughter was sexually assaulted

Posted by   + Show Post
My 6 year old daughter was sexually assaulted by a 2nd grader yesterday, and then threatened that if she told anyone he would bring a knife to school and cut her head off. This all happened in the school bus. When she tried to tell the bus driver he told her to shut up and sit down. Several kids heard her crying but there was no witnesses except two older boys that were encouraging and bullying her. The three boys are all close friends and cause constant trouble on the bus. Because they are not coming foward with the truth it's my daughters words against the boys who is of course denying it. No punishment is being issued. I couldn't send my kids to school today because I feared that he might follow thru on his threat. I have filed a police report but it looks to be going nowhere as I haven't even been able to speak with a police officer yet. What do I do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Replies (61-70):
robbinsroost
by Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I have no advice, I wouldn't know what to do. So glad you are not giving up and are fighting to get something done. Hope your meeting goes well and you can get some justice for your DD. Good luck.

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Lots of good advice. Did any other kids on the bus witness anything? Good luck with DHS. I have friends in okie. Ones DH works for DHS. Another has had issues with them.

I am sickened this happened. Your poor dd. :(
Admpchef
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
We spoke with an investigator tonight. He suggested us getting a lawyer and suing the pants off the school. The principal and bus driver have been caught lying under oath. Things are looking up. I have a news station that's gonna help put this school in there place. Keep the prayers coming, we have a battle ahead.
ecerka
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:57 PM
OMG I'm so sorry your dd had to go thru that: -(
almondpigeon
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Oh my god.  I am so sorry for her (and you!).  I would go to the police station and refuse to leave until something was done about it.  

Quoting Admpchef:

The boy opened his pants, pulled his privates out then stuck candy wrappers around his penis and made her lick it. The other boys stop around and laughed and made fun of her. She has told the story 4 times now and not a single detail had changed. The boys admitted they made her lick their spit off of candy wrappers and that's not even enough to get them in trouble.

merryvoice
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

A second grader saying and doing that?? That's insane! I am soooo sorry she was hurt. I would seriously switch schools if the police aren't going to do anything about it. And enroll her in self-defence classes! 

karingT
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:23 AM
I agree then I would beat the f*** out of them. Poor baby. My Dh and I agreed not to do school buses because of things like this. Bus driver needs his a**kicked

Quoting Jinxed8:

I'd be livid if it were me. Definitely contact the school, the bus company, the cops, find out who the boys are and where they live, talk to their parents. Contact your DD's doctor and CPS to see what can be done. This is un-acceptable. This behavior can only lead to bad things. What kind of sexual assault was it ?

larabear1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM
It is my understanding that school is responsible for the students until they arrive home. So, I'd go to the school and the police. Keep going back until they listen. Oh and if you are sending her to school since the incident, make sure her teacher knows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan_L34
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Glad to hear things are better. I'm sorry if I'm repeating what others have written, but if an 8-year-old boy is doing this, I have to wonder if he's not also the victim of abuse.

Shelly126
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Quoting Jinxed8:

I'd be livid if it were me. Definitely contact the school, the bus company, the cops, find out who the boys are and where they live, talk to their parents. Contact your DD's doctor and CPS to see what can be done. This is un-acceptable. This behavior can only lead to bad things. What kind of sexual assault was it ?

My thoughts exactly! Tell everyone until you find someone to "hear you"
Uuggh kids can be so horrible! I'm so sorry for you and your daughter! Big hugs to you both!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN