Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What's the difference, if there is one?

I wanted to ask your opinions on this. I had a thought today while waiting in the bank. 

I always hear people talking about how horrible it is that children today need some sort of electronic to entertain themselves. IF this doesn't apply to your kids, great. I'd still like your opinions. 

My question is this. How is it different when an adult brings a book or magazine, or even knitting along with them when they have a long wait? Why is it ok for us to entertain ourselves but not them?

Also, would you rather that kid have an electronic device that keeps them quiet or would you prefer they run around and have their parents keep fussing? I say this because to me it's always one or the other. 

What do you all think?

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Replies (51-53):
sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see a difference. 

No1knows
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:05 AM
The only difference is really the extended exposure to computer screen which can be bad for the eyes if kids are constantly staring at brightly pixelated images all the time. Books are easier on the eyes.
littleangie
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM

You can never win with people.  Someone is always complaining about something.  I bring whatever entertains the kids.  I have no problem with these things as long as my children are respectful and knows when to stop and continue.  If someone as them a question, they know to stop what they are doing, look that person in the  face, and answer their question. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)