Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Are you the kind of wife you want to be? Why/why not?

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I've always believe that our relationships in our lives reflect who we are. I mean my marriage isn't perfect by any means but we treat eachother the same way we want to be treated. Plus we chose eachother because we knew that the other one was going to treat us the way we wanted to be treated. 

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

Yes, I am fun loving, supportive, his best friend, trusting, faithful, and the mirror of who my husband is to me. 

I am those things as well but I'm still not as good as I could be. Or as good as I used to be. 

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

I've always believe that our relationships in our lives reflect who we are. I mean my marriage isn't perfect by any means but we treat eachother the same way we want to be treated. Plus we chose eachother because we knew that the other one was going to treat us the way we wanted to be treated. 

Yeah, I understand that. That's how my marriage is as well. We don't yell or curse each other, we respect each other greatly. We are absolute best friends who get along great. I just remember how I used to be and feel bad for him. 

He's not the one complaning, I am. He's fine with it, but *I* know I could be better. 

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I am...because I believe that I am.  I wouldn't be the wife I want to be, if I was the wife that someone else wants me to be.

Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM

The best part about life is when you realize something about yourself and voice that concern you have room to grow into the person you want to be. Sometimes you might find that you are perfectly fine and that you just needed something else in your life to help boost your confidence. My husband went on that journey with me to better our marriage and I think that helped. We were able to communicate better and spend more time together holding hands and just discussing problem areas we were both concerned about. Four years ago I thought my husband and I were going to divorce because of me. I had a lot of hang up's from my ex (plus my parents issues) and I was just not happy with myself. I started relying on his best friend side to help me through this tough time and admitted to him that I needed his help. He supported me and helped me find a support group to attend, he supported me at home when I cried and vented about my past, and he supported me as I took a personal journey through college, religion, and more. It wasn't until our fifth year of marriage that we both acknowledged that if we could get through that ordeal then we could get through anything and it strengthened us as a couple. 

Just talk to him and tell him, "Hey these are my real concerns about myself and I just feel the need to fix it. Please support me as I work towards these goals."

HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Not the last 3-4 weeks. My health hasn't been the best and I don't feel I'm giving my family 100%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Knightquester
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm the kind of person I want to be; wife is one part of me just as mother, and friend are as well.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

See my reply....you can use it, if you want to! LOL

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Yes I am.

What makes that a true statement?

The fact that I am...lol. I really don't know how to answer that.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I like your answer!

Quoting offrdngal:

See my reply....you can use it, if you want to! LOL

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Yes I am.

What makes that a true statement?

The fact that I am...lol. I really don't know how to answer that.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Quoting offrdngal:

Yes I am...because I believe that I am.  I wouldn't be the wife I want to be, if I was the wife that someone else wants me to be.

Who said anyone wanted you to be another kind of wife? I just asked what you think makes you a good wife. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN