Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Are you the kind of wife you want to be? Why/why not?

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Replies (41-45):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM

IDK what happened to me, really. I used to be really shy, quiet and super polite and friendly. Now I don't give a shit about anything or anyone anymore. I somehow became this blunt person who will say what's on my mind no matter what. 

I don't always like it, but like you said changing is easier said than done. 

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Changing is easier said than done for me. I have been told that I come off as stuck up in real life just because I am so quiet and kind of a wallflower. I have had people I like just fine pull me aside and ask "Why don't you like me? What did I do?"

Lol its rather embarassing. Throughout my life people have usually interrupted me just so they can talk over me, and it makes me feel like a complete loser, so I just quit trying to talk to anyone after while. I hate when I have things to say and I'm too shy to say them, or I don't even know where to jump in because so many people are trying to talk at once. If I try to talk over someone they just talk louder. Idk I'm just an awkward person. My hubs is really the only one that gets to see what I'm really like.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting TugBoatMama:

I guess. Hubs says I'm a great spouse but there is always room for improvement. He wishes I wasn't so shy in social circles and that I would put myself out there more. I know he wishes I weren't such a clean freak too.

Yeah, I could change that a bit too. My thing isn't really that I'm shy, I just wear my thoughts on my face. If I'm annoyed, I show it. If I'm not interested in what you are saying, it's all over my face. 

The other day we were in the mall and my daughter was being whiny and crabby and I was getting annoyed. We walked by my cousin (and I honestly didn't see him), and he says "you aren't about to walk by and not say Hello, are you"? and apparently I turned and gave him an ugly look. I never intended to, and I wasn't meaning to be rude at all. So him and DH talked for a bit and then his little boy walked up to our exchange student and gave him 5. So my cousin asked if that was my exchange student and I said yes then we said goodbyes and walked away. 

DH pulled me aside and told me how rude it was of me not to introduce them. Oops! While as an adult that should have been the first thing on my mind, it wasn't. It simply didn't occur to me. And after talking to SIL and MIL today about it, they both told me that I can come across as rude sometimes. I never, ever mean to. 

mommybug77
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Some days I'm happier about things than others.
ambertreas76
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM

For the most part, yes.  Sometimes, when Amber's Crazy Train sweeps me away, I'm not the greatest wife but that always passes.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Jinxed8:

the kind of wife I want to be ??  No. I try to be a good wife, and I don't think I'm the ultimate wife he'd like me to be either but nobody's perfect.  I have a temper and a personality, I get tired and impatient ; I'm a working mom 40+ hours a week, with the weight of the world on my shoulders ... I do the best I can.  

Well all that matters is that you try:)

Oh he tells me that I'm a good wife and I know I am but am I the ultimate wife, no. 

Cate1129
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Yes and no. I think I strive every day towards that goal. Some days I'm great, others I'm not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)