Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Proud of my 2 1/2 year old

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

She's starting to write her name!  She said her letters as I watched her do this.

The D is backwards.  The e is the right way.  The l has an extra scribble coming off of it.  She actually formed that a correctly.  The n is hard to see as is the next e and the y but she did it!

I'm so proud of her.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM

WAY TO GO!

Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:25 PM

That's wonderful!!!  My son is 4 and he is still having trouble, he is trying really hard, but he is just struggling. 

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:25 PM

easier to see

Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Boy's (not all boys) tend to have a hard time with these general motor skills and such. It is okay because they will get it. 

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM

My son was the same way!  At 4 he wouldn't even pick up a crayon to color.  He said it was just too hard.  At 5 he will write pretty well now and draw a little but he still hates to color.

Quoting Poosaloosa:

That's wonderful!!!  My son is 4 and he is still having trouble, he is trying really hard, but he is just struggling. 

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM

My son started out later in his writing and letters but excelled in math and science. Now he is accelerated in his reading and considered "gifted" in the school. When it comes to this stuff I let him let me know when he is ready and guide him. As for the reading we had him pick out books that interest him which was generally dinosaurs, Dr. Suess and Jamie Lee Curtis's Children's books. Now he can read a whole Dr. Suess book by himself and Mommy's posts online....

Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:09 PM

This is so good to know because my nephew who is six months older reads and writes and types like crazy.  I really thought my son was way behind.   My son loves to learn and he tries so hard, but he has the worst time holding a pencil, and he loathes coloring, unless I sit and color with him.  But he will sit and do pre-school learning books with matching and counting and colors and numbers, and he loves that!

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

My son started out later in his writing and letters but excelled in math and science. Now he is accelerated in his reading and considered "gifted" in the school. When it comes to this stuff I let him let me know when he is ready and guide him. As for the reading we had him pick out books that interest him which was generally dinosaurs, Dr. Suess and Jamie Lee Curtis's Children's books. Now he can read a whole Dr. Suess book by himself and Mommy's posts online....

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM
My 5 year old who just started writing is gifted too. I just found out last week that he is testing at s 3rd grade level.

Quoting Poosaloosa:

This is so good to know because my nephew who is six months older reads and writes and types like crazy.  I really thought my son was way behind.   My son loves to learn and he tries so hard, but he has the worst time holding a pencil, and he loathes coloring, unless I sit and color with him.  But he will sit and do pre-school learning books with matching and counting and colors and numbers, and he loves that!

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN