Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your children know what you do?

This is a spin off from the question about where you work.
Do your children know what you do/ where you work?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Replies (31-40):
KeimUNCmomof3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I was a stay-at-home mommy up until August when school started.  I just decided to go back to finish my education.  So when I started at college, all 3 of my children started daycare.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM

My daughter has been to my office many times, she knows my bosses and her way around, she's been coming here since she was 2 years old !  But in her eyes all Mommy does is constantly talk on the phone, and type on the computer,  she was immitating me once and I practically killed over laughing.  -  As far as her bio father, she knows what he does as well.  With DH we have been to work with him before she was his little helper, she loved it.

timefor2
I love cafemom!
Tuesday at 11:10 PM
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Yes, our kids know that Mommy is a sahm and Daddy works for a lumberyard, they both have been to Daddies work several times.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:30 AM

DD is only 4, so nope. she knows where I physically work, but not the name or the nature of what I do.

bookworm14
by Mandy on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM
They know I work in an office & on the computer all day. Not sure they really know what my job is though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:54 AM

My son tells everyone that I stay home and I am the reason the house is still standing lol. He goes, "Dad and I can't live without mom or nothing will get done!" I am thinking my husband taught him that!

littleangie
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:03 PM

My children know that I teach big kids.  In the spring, our students will put on an amazing musical that is family friendly and I take my kids to see it.  They really like the idea of going to mommy's work. 

godsgirl26
by ♥Charmaine♥ on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Yes, because im a sahm.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Boys9501
by Sharon on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Yes I'm a sahm and they also know where my husband works and what he does.

almondpigeon
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

When my youngest was still in daycare, he told everyone that I worked at Sonic and skated to people's cars to give them cheeseburgers.  I was actually a manager at a hospital. lol.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)