Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do your children know what you do?

This is a spin off from the question about where you work.
Do your children know what you do/ where you work?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG LOL!  That's cute.

DD is only 2, so she doesn't really understand the whole concept.  She just knows that I work.  She has a vague idea of what Daddy does and that he carries a gun to do it, so she'll see a guy on tv in a suit with a gun and she'll say "Oh that's my Daddy."

Quoting almondpigeon:

When my youngest was still in daycare, he told everyone that I worked at Sonic and skated to people's cars to give them cheeseburgers.  I was actually a manager at a hospital. lol.  

notjstasocermom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM

yes

kourtneya
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM
They know where daddy works and where I go to school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamombygrace
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM
I'm a stay at home Mom..so that's a easy one for them :) My husband works at one of our hospitals as an MRI tech (he also use to work in CT)..so they have been to his work and he has showed them exactly what he does (minus the patient, of course). When he went from CT to MRI..our oldest had a fit over the magnet.
Knightquester
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM

They know what to do where my husband works, and when I worked outside the home they knew how to behave when visiting my place of business.

givenshl
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Yes and Yes. They have been to work with me plenty of times when I use to work split shifts.

Katenemsmom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:55 PM
I run a home daycare so they are very familiar with it. They have been to their dad's office and know he works on a computer all day. Even I don't really understand his job. Lol. He is a Controller.
Neon1980
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:57 PM
They have a basic understanding...and I work from home so yes they have been to my work, lol. But seriously they have been into the office before I was moved home. :)
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Yes - I work form home and they know I do child care and have a home business and they also know what there Daddy does. We talk about it all the time.

billiejo79
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Yes they do. I am a full time homemaker and  I home school our girls. They know that daddy fixes air conditioners and furnaces.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN