Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Tired of dd getting bullied

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:20 AM
  • 11 Replies
I just told a 3rd grade girl (they are in the same class)"she needed to either play nice with Amber or leave her alone". We had trouble with her bullying last year & I'm tired of my child crying. Funny thing was there was a substitute teacher there & I don't think she liked it. I was nice but firm. Amber had tried dealing with it herself too & the kid always comes back to her sooner or later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambertreas76
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Good for you!! I would have done the same. Kids can be pretty cruel!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Have you spoken to the school about it?

Dimples04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Last year I did (same kid). If this don't help I'll talk to the same guidance counselor again.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Have you spoken to the school about it?

mommybug77
by Crystal on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Have you gone to the school?
viv212
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Have you talked to her parents?

I wonder I'd it'll help. Kids that bully usually have problems at home.

I read on here that one lady was taught tO laugh at her bully and it worked. Maybe it's something you can try with your dd?
mom2BOYZnDad
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this

First, I am sorry this is happening to your dd.  Go to the school and the parents...maybe suggest a meeting with the school counselor and parents at the same time and reiterate to them that this had happend last year and it has not stopped.  Tell them it has to stop and/or suggest that the two children be put in different classrooms or if thats not possible have specific seating away from each other and also structured things that they can do during play time, but they can only play in one place, but never together as a problem arises when they do.  Speak to the teacher as well, about keeping an eye on the situation.  As a parent I would be furious if someone was picking on my child at that age and the teacher did nothing or didn't know about it.(Because, lets be honest, at this age, the teacher needs to know what everyone is doing all the time.)Good Luck!

Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM

My son was  being bullied as well. And he is a big kid. I think once the parents get involved the kids gradually back off. I stepped in with the principle, the teacher, and the counselor. They finally had a talk with both the kids and their parents and then the school tried to find a way to help my son like school again. Now he tells me he isn't bullied anymore and loves school. 

Childofares
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

What is the child doing that is bullying? Is she actually a bully or just mean? I'm not trying to lesson or nitpick but the word bully is getting thrown around for everything lately when sometimes it's just a clash of personalities or meanness. Depending on the severity the principal should be spoken to so the girls parents can get involved to hopefully stop it. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I would've too!

Quoting ambertreas76:

Good for you!! I would have done the same. Kids can be pretty cruel!
Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Mean is being a bully lol. It is unacceptable either way. I was highly bullied as a child and people told me to get over it, it is the facts of life, and so on. Now I help other kids who are going through the same thing. It isn't the facts of life and no child should ever have to deal with someone hurting them in any shape or form constantly alone. With the rise of suicide rates and many other issues dealing with depression and problems with the victims I never say anyone is being too sensitive to the issue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)