Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
Christmas cards every year?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
Pukalani79
by Kris on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I used to but the past couple years the furthest I get is to buy the cards. :(

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I happen to agree. Not necessarily about it being a waste of trees, but more often than not I've received the gift in person and I've thanked you then. Why do I have to send a Thank You card in the mail?

Quoting Firewoman33:

Eh, I didn't know about Thank You cards either until I was older. Frankly I think they are a wast e of trees. Unless I received the gift through the mail or through some other party then an in person thank you is what you get. I don't like receiving them either. I bought you a gift because I wanted to, not because I needed excessive amounts of praise and thanks. A simple thank upon receiving/opening the gift is enough. 

Climbing off my soapbox now. lol

Quoting countrymomma81:

Well no wonder you have a love of paper...lol. And it's a good lesson your grandmother taught you. I, on the other hand, did not know what a Thank You card was until I bought my wedding etiquette book:(

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM
I send cards to family and close friends who celebrate Christmas....but only about 20 cards total. Since we don't celebrate the holiday.....we don't do a "mass mailing" like some people do.
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Not every year, but we do send them out when we have the time.

Misha1204
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:34 AM
Nope, never have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chymerra
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:45 AM

No. I forget and by the time its time to send them out...its the week before Christmas.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Yep, I always send out Christmas cards, they are the photo ones, really easy, the message is already typed on it, so all I have to do is stick them in an addressed envelope.  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

buzymom93
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:10 AM

yes i do

Christian Unschooling Mamma to my Adventurous 7yr old, Isaiah and mamma to my oldest, Mario 19yrs old and daughter in law Kristi.... Excited Grandma to my grandson Russel age 17months and my soon to be grandson due Dec. 6th....

Moselys
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I used to send them out to everyone I know but for the past few years I have only been sending them to people that send me one. Sounds kind of childish and not in Christmas spirit but I got tired of spending my time to not get anything in return. I was sending out about 100+ cards and received about 20 so now you only get one if you sent me one last year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Yep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)