Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nesting question

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:00 PM
  • 17 Replies

I know this is going to sound weird when I ask this because I have been pregnant before but when do you start nesting in your pregnancy? I never had that experience with my son because of how hard the pregnancy was and I was on bed rest. 

I have been cleaning, rearranging, and doing a ton of things around the house and one of my guy friends who has 6 children just laughed and said, "Looks like someone is nesting!" I told him it was way too early for that since I am only 5 months along. But now that I think about it I don't know if I am or am not. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I never did. I'm just a clean person by nature and I continued it during my whole pregnancy. 

Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I am the same way. I love order and cleanliness. I have my deep clean sundays, my minor cleaning during the week to keep the house up, and crazy cleaning twice a year where I am on a ladder and scrubbing down my house from top to bottom even the walls and ceiling. It is normal for me to rearrange a room to clean under beds and furniture. I like to space it out so my house isn't too clean because I read that, that is just as bad as having a disgusting house. I think that is why I leave major dusting twice a year. So I guess that is why I am so confused when people say it is nesting lol. Maybe I have been nesting for all these years?

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

It always varied for me. With my youngest, I went through waves. I would nest like crazy for like a week, then be fine, then do it again....lol.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I never did...

jenuresti5
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this

i couldnt "nest" this last pregnancy cause it was hard for me to move around..but nesting to me would be getting ur baby stuff ready not cleaning..especially if that is ur normal routine.

chinosruca
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I did not. However, the second I decided to clean my house (which I did prior to pregnancy) everyone said I was nesting. It was irratating sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by Misha on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:23 AM
2 moms liked this
You just feel it. I don't think there's a time frame. I did about a month before giving birth. It just happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:34 AM
2 moms liked this
How funny. I consider myself nesting & I am not having a baby. My kids are coming home after 3 months away & I've been cleaning, making their beds, buying toys... I rarely do that stuff but so excited!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this
i did it off and on the whole pregnancies...more so toward the end. i mean for me nesting was cleaning some weird stuff like taking off the knobs of the oven and cleaning them and.vacuuming the ceiling. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

i don't think its to early at all especially sense you were unable to do it with you first child.. its good your keeping active and productive keep up the good work:) i to have six and once the morning sickness was over it was go time..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)