Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

im so excited! we are getting help!

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM
  • 10 Replies
5 moms liked this
The insurance just approved our out of network referral for an occupational therapist for my son! He has sensory processing disorder and there isn't an ot the insurance covers within 100 miles. The school wont help because its not affecting him academically (he is a gifted homeschooled child).
This ot has tons of experience with spd and is exactly where he needs to be. I'm so happy I could cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommybug77
by Crystal on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Great news.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM

That's great~ Congrats

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM

my 3 yr old hasnt got a diagnosis yet, she was speech delayed with sensory issues and has an apointment with a developmental dr on the 28th

kourtneya
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blessedlife79
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Can I ask what some of the signs are of this? I suspect my daughter has a slight form of it.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I'm so happy for your family. 

MommyAJ2921
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Wonderful news! Congrats!

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:30 PM
My son can't stand anything touching him around the mouth or anything on his wrists. He freezes if it gets below 70 degrees but will be on the verge of passing out and not realize he is hot. He must know what every smell and sound is. A lot of times I don't even hear or smell anything. He has a hard time understanding the signals from his body too. He doesn't know when he has to pee. He doesn't know when he is hungry and he doesn't understand the feeling of being full. Instead he will eat until his stomach hurts then complain it hurts while he refuses to stop eating. Everytime he gets in the car he insists he is starving even if he just ate a huge meal.
that's the basics of his at least. I hope that helps!

Quoting Blessedlife79:

Can I ask what some of the signs are of this? I suspect my daughter has a slight form of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:31 PM
We have another appointment tomorrow. We have been working on this for a year!

Quoting mariesmama:

my 3 yr old hasnt got a diagnosis yet, she was speech delayed with sensory issues and has an apointment with a developmental dr on the 28th

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dylansmom08
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Awesome stuff
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)