Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Christmas snooper.

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM
  • 21 Replies

Have a Christmas snooper who always sneaks a peak of his or her presents before Christmas? My brother was that person and he always managed to sneak a peak at his presents without anyone noticing... well almost. Mom was really good at getting things out of you. She would get so frustrated with him because he was a box shaker, "accidentally" rip the sides of the paper while playing with the cat toys near the presents, and many other ways of figuring out his presents. So one day my ex step grandmother and I put our heads together and started specially wrapping his presents. 

If you want loads of entertainment what you do is take a can that you use for the gourmet popcorn, put the present in there wrapped, take all the clothes you bought and line that present, duct tape the top of the tin, and wrap that. Drove him insane!

Second year we started doing the box within a box within a box. 

The third year we did a Christmas present scavenger hunt. Boy was he frustrated lol. 

Some say this is too much work but trust me the entertainment is really worth it. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

my brother was that snooper i knew half of what i was getting and acted all surprised when i opened it

elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM
My little brother was a serious snooper from the day he could walk. Once, when he was 2 or 3 , he was getting this giant transformer. It was on the top shelf in our mom's closet. Somehow the 2 yr old found it an scale the walls and got it down. We found him playing with it on her bedroom floor!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Kids can get so creative lol. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't have any snoopers.  I have wrapped the box, within a box, within a box to disguise obvious gifts like DVDs though.

Chymerra
by Jolie on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, my DS is. Drives me nuts....lol.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My siblings and I weren't snoopers.  We enjoyed the anticipation leading up to Christmas morning.  My kids aren't snoopers either as far as I know.  I'm a last minute shopper though and their gifts usually stay in the trunk of the car until I wrap them Christmas Eve night.

Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM

My best friend introduced me to black Friday. Here in Idaho shopping isn't dangerous or crazy around this time. There was no trampling or problems when we went and we even had time to grab a few coffee's. So now I tend to get my presents early. Luckily my son isn't a snooper either. 

bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM

lol....dd is a snooper too

sunflowers12
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM

yeah, my kids are the same when we were kids my mom could not keep it from us.. she just couldn't keep a secret at all.. but i take all sorts of boxes from anything and put stuff in them doesn't matter.. 

i remember one year i used cereal boxes so when my oldest son opened his gift he had a box of spider man cereal.. he was all "yes this is what i wanted" lol.. makes me laugh to this day it was several years ago... 

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I always knew every gift I was getting. My mom actually had me wrap presents because she got tired of trying to hide them. My kids were never really snoopers but I never really hid them either. I figured if they don't want to be surprised that is their choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)