Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Christmas can't get here fast enough!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I am making my dinner menu & grocery list right now & I am getting so excited & hungry!! LOL This is my 1st time making Christmas dinner for ANYONE! In the past the kids & I would go to my husband's side of the family for the day. But now that we are divorced I have told my family (my parents & youngest brother with his girlfriend) that I want them all over to my house. Ex has to have the kids back to me by 1pm that day. And my brother wanted us to come to his house. BUT he has no kids & I would have to load my 5 PLUS gifts into my car to haul them back (a 45 minute drive both ways). Plus my mom has health issues & can't do stairs very well & my brother has quite a few (I have 1- the step up into the house).

So... here's what's on my menu:

Crock Pot Ham

Green Beans with bacon bits

Cheesy Hashbrowns

Applesauce

Cranberry sauce

Mashed potatoes & gravy

cooked carrots with brown sugar & butter

devilled eggs

apple pie w/vanilla ice cream

pumpkin pie w/cool whip

And.... red velvet cupcakes w/cream cheese icing

My oldest (16yo DS) is helping me out too but there is so much I can do the day before after I get out of work at noon. Plus I will have to start some things before they get home from their dad's.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Replies (11-14):
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Sounds yummy.  Like you I'm a planner too!  I'm doing Christmas Eve at my house, so I've already started thinking about what I am going to make :)

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I have a tentative Christmas Dinner planned so far....I have been working so hard on my Thankgiving menu but there have been a few recipes that fit better for Xmas...

Orange Honey Glazed Ham

Green Beans Amandine

Potatoes Grand Mere

Candied Carrots

Sour Cream Cherry Fruit Salad

Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls

Cranberry Spinach Salad

Eggnog Cheesecake

Candy Cane Cheesecake

Happy Halloween!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Sounds good!

lilcaesarsmama
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM
oh my goodness that's a wonderful menu!!! what time should i be there?!!! lol! seriously though i hope you enjoy your day with your family:]
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)