Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Talking to your kids about.. Offenders.

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you talk to your children about sex offenders and predators?  I think it is the best policy to start early as a precautionary and preventive measure.  Sex offenders and predators are the worst.  To gain your child's trust and then abuse it is sad and maddening on every level.  What are your thoughts on how to approach?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Replies (11-12):
sunflowers12
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM

age appropriate terms and yes start as soon as you can the way i said it was no one should ever touch you in your private parts unless a d doc, or cleaning purposes.. there's normal touch and not normal touch and just telling them its never normal to touch another in those places or to be touched in those places.. and of course they will learn later on other things...  

and for goodness sakes adults hide you adult junk... so many ppl on here taking about kids watching this nasty junk and doing it to another kid... if your going to watch that garbage then at least lock it up because that's just gross... if your going to give your kids technology the put the locks on nasty stuff...

illegallyblonde
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM
My son isn't old enough yet, he's 10 months old. However, I spent many years working with children victims of sexual assualt. Here are some thoughts that come to mind.

1. Teach children the difference between good and bad touches.

2. Teach them about their bodies and how they function.

3. Use anatomically correct language when discussing body parts. .

4. Know that children will be curious about their body and sexualaltiy. If you notice your child is more occupied with sex than normal, their could be an issue.

5. Always believe your child if he or she alleges sexual abuse.

***i have a list somewhere with more stuff but I'm nursing a baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)