Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

SAHMs with all your kids at school

Posted by   + Show Post

What in the heck do you do all day? I'm lonely and bored. I have issues with depression and it's starting to drag me down. My anxiety problems are getting worse as well. I can sew and draw and paint, but there is only so much of that I can handle. I read until my eyes cross and I can't see anymore. LOL. I have anxiety problems so getting out and doing things is really hard and there is really nothing here to do. I live in a very small town.

So tell me what you do all day to keep from going insane.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Replies (31-37):
TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I volunteer.  I was always very active in e PTO/PTA at my kids' schools...and I would volunteer directly with the school and at my synagogue as well.

kourtneya
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I went back to school. I have anxiety myself but am trying to work through it.

VarelaClan
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Homeschool, so all 4 of mine are home with me.
You could volunteer at the school a couple of days a week, go out to lunch with other moms or just one if you're too anxious, do your errands kid free, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DalesLgndLvsOn3
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I scrapbook, move furniture around, do other crafts, clean, watch movies... lots of stuff.  I've been a SAHM for 14 years and have had the types of days you're talking about, but scrapbooking really helped.  

maengle
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I'm always bored!!! And that with a 2 yr old still home.
It takes about an hr to clean the house in the morning. After that I just read. Play the kids video games (shhh don't tell them) and play with the baby.
Every other week I visit with mil.
Once a week I clean the fans, windows and stove. Sometimes the fridge if I'm super bored lol.
I can't wait to go back to work, just cost to much for daycare!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
salsatig
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I volunteer at my kids school and get involved with the PTA. I helped on Mondays in my daughters class and Thursdays in my sons. Then the school was looking for substitutes for their noon duty aides and I filled out an application and ended up getting hired to do it full time which is a blessing because I can still help in their classes as scheduled and then I work for 2 1/2hr during the day while they are at school and make some extra money. Look into helping out at the school but good luck with whatever you decide.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I'm never home. The minute my kids get on the bus I leave with my SIL. She doesn't have kids and her husband works a lot so we spend the days together to pass the time. We go get her mom (my MIL) and we find stuff to do. Between the 3 of us there is always some sort of appointment, meeting or errand that needs to be done. On the days we don't have anything to do we go into the city and walk around the craft stores. 

I get home about an hour and a half before my kids and I use that time to clean and straighten up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN