Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happened to Thanksgiving!!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 19 Replies

Halloween, Christmas, and all the other holidays get more attention than Thanksgiving!

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Is it last on your list of favorite holidays?

cornucopia

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM

turkey

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Thanksgiving is actually my favorite.  It's less pressure than Christmas and all about family and good food.  What can be wrong with that?

Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Samhain has always been big in my house and Yule. But those are religious holidays for us. Thanksgiving is not so much. It is just a holiday to get together and eat yummy food and spend time with family. 

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

We celebrate Thanksgiving - it's one of my favorite holidays and kicks off the whole entire holiday season for us.  How can anyone have a problem with a holiday centered around food?!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Yes! I love it, food and family... what holiday can be better than that?

Quoting mushmom:

Thanksgiving is actually my favorite.  It's less pressure than Christmas and all about family and good food.  What can be wrong with that?

mamom01
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM

This...

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

We celebrate Thanksgiving - it's one of my favorite holidays and kicks off the whole entire holiday season for us.  How can anyone have a problem with a holiday centered around food?!

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I think because it is a much lower key holiday it seems to get swept up and lost in the holiday hubbub...no major decorating, no costume making/shopping, no trick or treating or large parties, no presents or major shopping to do for it ETC

It is just a relaxing food filled holiday to me. I love to cook so Thankgiving is one of my favorites.

storkradio193
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:57 PM

One of the reasons that Thanksgiving feels like it gets more attention is because it is the last holiday without major commercialization.  Halloween, Easter, Christmas and others have become commercial holidays more than meaningful to many people.  Some stores are beginning to encroach on Thanksgiving, so, who knows, maybe it will just become another sale one day.  For now, the encroachment hasn't take complete hold.  That said, I like Thanksgiving.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

SwtSnowflake2
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
We celebrate Thanksgiving. My husband doesn't like anything Christmas until the night of thanksgiving or the day after. It irks him that people ignore the holiday. I love all the holidays and would wish people weren't so crazy for Christmas so early. I do think that there isn't a whole lot to do to celebrate Thanksgiving like the other holidays. Every year we watch the Macy Parade. Eat a feast and give Thanks. We watch the few kid friendly thanksgiving shows we can find.
Mom0413
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Christmas is my favorite holiday for the fact that everyone seems to be in the Christmas spirit and they also seem a little nicer to others. Its also my favorite bc I enjoy decorating the house and tree with my kids and it puts me in a cheerful mood. However I also love Thanksgiving because it is the only holiday that you are not wondering "what am I going to get" , "how much money i have to spend on other people", "will I get what I want" etc. Thanksgiving is the only holiday where you look at all you have and you are thankful for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)