Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What happened to Thanksgiving!!

Halloween, Christmas, and all the other holidays get more attention than Thanksgiving!

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Is it last on your list of favorite holidays?

cornucopia

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Replies (11-19):
yperez0209
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM

My favorite holiday is Easter, then Christmas and Thanksgiving. My kids love Thanksgiving. I make it special for them and we don't rush it. The shopping madness is not worth the great memories we make as a family. I rather pay the extra $30.00 for some gadget then cut such a special time short.

mommybug77
by Crystal on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM
I can't stand thanksgiving
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Actually Easter and Thanksgiving are my favorite holidays.  I love getting together with family and friends. 

Christmas has become waaaay to commercial, for my liking.

Jenner8
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Thanksgiving has never been a big thing in my life... neither my mom or step-mom has ever hosted the traditional dinner... I don't think I've eaten Thanksgiving dinner with any of my parents since I was 9.  As an adult I've never really worried about it... the LO goes to her paternal grandparents... and we eat whereever or whatever... last year we had tacos... this year I'm thinking we'll probably go out to eat.  We do the big family dinner on Christmas eve with my mom and her side of the family, breakfast Christmas morning with my dad and his side, and Christmas dinner with my partners family.  Honestly that's plenty of extended family to last for the year.

ddsunshine
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Thanksgiving is not forgotten however its a Holiday I can skip due to family drama when we get together.  Because what we do at thanksgiving ends up happening at Christmas.

sunflowers12
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM

yeah, its kinda like the birthday just before Christmas just doesn't get noticed very much!!turkey dinner 

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:29 PM

We celebrated Thanksgiving while living in the USA. It was one of the few holidays we celebrated that our families also celebrated...so we continued to get together with family for the big meal...even though we really didn't care for the day itself.  Now that we are living in Israel and are far from family.....we don't have to celebrate it any more (it isn't a holiday here).

we don't celebrate Halloween or Christmas......and haven't for a very long time.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:51 PM
A friend of mine was at Nordstroms the other day & there was a sign that said something to the effect of they believe in celebrating one holiday at a time & once Thanksgiving is over they will decorate for Christmas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:44 PM

We do celebrate Thanksgiving and it is my favorite holiday! I'm with you on that one though, the other holidays get more attention. I guess it's because they can make more money with those though. Costumes for Halloween, gifts for Christmas. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)