Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Poll

Question: Are you a nice person?

Options:

Yes

No, but I do nice things

No

Other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

I'm not.  I do nice things, but I don't feel like a nice person.  I can be pretty mean sometimes. 

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
Synexx
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I am very courteous, kind and friendly. I would say I am nice. However, I am very honest and forth-coming with my thoughts and opinions and people can often take that as rude. In some peoples' estimation, being "nice" comes with dishonesty to save face or make others more at ease. It is my belief that issuing respect in the form of honesty is the nicest thing one could do.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I didn't have any of that. My husband was only my second serious boyfriend and although it broke my heart, I wouldn't say it ruined me. 

I honestly don't know what happened. I'm definitely not the best person I can be and sometimes I'm not happy with that, but for the most part what you see is what you get.

Quoting Babujai:

I used to be, too. Some untrue friends and an abusive boyfriend ruined all that.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Not really. I used to be and I have no idea what happened. 

I don't really care about most people. I have zero sympathy for people and their situations. I'm pretty good at faking it, but the truth is that I couldn't give a shit less. 

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Yes. I mean, I can have my mean streak, but for the most part I am nice to everyone.

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Yes,I am a nice person.I try to get along with everyone and try to help whoever needs my help.I try to treat everyone with kindness and respect.

CafeMom Tickers
Vix920
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I say I'm not a nice person but I am a person who does nice things. The people closest to me disagree which is nice of them!

alc4evermom
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Quoting Babujai:

I used to be, too. Some untrue friends and an abusive boyfriend ruined all that.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Not really. I used to be and I have no idea what happened. 

I don't really care about most people. I have zero sympathy for people and their situations. I'm pretty good at faking it, but the truth is that I couldn't give a shit less. 

I'm kind of like that too;  I have empathy for people to an extent, but from my own experience I have had to work really hard to get out of my situations and therefor I don't like lazy people.  I can't stand complainers.  I can relate to the abuse, but it's made me a better person.  I don't ever want to be like the people who were abusive, or even people who try it on me now.  I'm very lucky to have a good man in my life now. 

Quinn525
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Yes I try to be. I don't get run over because I won't let that happen but I am never mean or malicious about it. I am kind, help my neighbors and coworkers, donate clothes to the homeless, I volunteered in a soup kitchen for 2 years, I worked with special needs kids and adults for 4 years, and I try to do random acts of kindness through out the year. I think being nice is something you need to work on all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleMama2012
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I can be. I am a blunt person and just tell people how it is. I have been known to be a bitch. I just don't have tolerance for stupidity.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zumbafreak11
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Most of the time, I'm nice to people.  Like every lady out there, I have my bitchy days.  I can't tolerate stupidity and sometimes my ex-husband pushes my buttons even 5 1/2 years post-divorce with his stupidity or pathetic excuses of why he can't come get my 7 year old DD today.

Eyez79
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM
I use to be meaning that I was an easy goin person then new years eve when I was robbed at gun point and I had to beg for my life that spit second my soul left me and now I'm dealing with a total different person who cannot find the energy to be peaceful. I fear medication. Half the time I'm faking my days of happiness I need to get myself back any advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)