Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Did / Will you let your kids watch breaking Dawn?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:01 PM
  • 26 Replies

Related article

http://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/146779/breaking_dawn_2_may_be?result=comment_added&comment_state=member&success=1#comments

~DIana.

Oh So Blessed! Loven Christ and Proud! 

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sdgd21
by Diana on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

NOPE! not for kids IMO

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM
No, my dd is too young.
jenmatt451
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

My 12 year old son could care less and my twins are not yet four so they have no reason to want to see it.  My husband will think I'm dumb for watching it...but I am perfectly content to wait until it comes out on video.  I read the books and know what happens! LOL

sdgd21
by Diana on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I did not read the books, but I went with some of my friends and they said it was WAY different, I heard a few 'choice words' about how they felt, HOWEVER by the end everyone enjoyed. :-)

Quoting jenmatt451:

My 12 year old son could care less and my twins are not yet four so they have no reason to want to see it.  My husband will think I'm dumb for watching it...but I am perfectly content to wait until it comes out on video.  I read the books and know what happens! LOL

ChancesMommy07
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM
My son is 5 and has absolutely no interest in glittery vampires.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenmatt451
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM

When a movie is being made from a book, I always try to read the book first.  It's always interesting to see how the script is written and what liberties the director takes with the movie.  Sometimes it's a refreshing version of the book and sometimes it is so off-base that you wonder why the author agreed to the script!  The Notebook was an amazing version of the book...took the book to an amazingly beautiful level.  P.S. I Love You was a disappointment because the book was awesome and the movie just seemed lacking.  I must say my biggest surprise was Queen of the Damned.  So totally unlike the book and done so differently from Interview with a Vampire that I wouldn't have even guessed that they were based on the same series or the same characters!

Quoting sdgd21:

I did not read the books, but I went with some of my friends and they said it was WAY different, I heard a few 'choice words' about how they felt, HOWEVER by the end everyone enjoyed. :-)

Quoting jenmatt451:

TurboMom81
Peace and quiet. A chance to be alone with my thoughts. Not always a good idea....
Yesterday at 5:39 PM
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM
My seven year old watches it with me. She likes the "big dogs"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Nope
diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:59 PM
No!
JamminOutMama
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Lol!!! I don't have kids that age yet... My 12 yr old niece likes the movies but the last move (pt1) was all about hard dirty vampire sex. Lol. So no, I wouldn't want them to watch it until they were maybe 16ish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN