Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you making for Thanksgiving?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is everyone  making for Thanksgiving?

I am making the ham, green beans, and meatballs this year (pic of ham below).

The menu alltogether is: (Mine *_*) ham, green beans, meatballs, (everyone else) fried turkey, sweet potato pie, strawberry cake, cheesecake, dressing, collard greens, potato salad, black eye peas and okra, rice, cornbread, and I think that's it.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/cinnamon-citrus-glazed-ham-recipe/index.html

pregnancy calendar

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Replies (51-53):
SlightlyPerfect
Fair warning.
Thursday at 9:30 PM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM

How did it turn out? We have a 10-pound turkey here, and I'm about to run to the store to get some more butter. Anything you'd change?

Quoting SuperPickle:

no but that might be a good idea! My glaze is 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar and fresh marjoram and lemon peel , and spread it all over the bird and up under the skin, then add 1/2 cup bourbon to the remaining mixture and brush it over throughout the cooking process.

slightlyperfect

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM

It was delicious. I also added a bottle of sparkling cider to the brine this year. And I cooked the turkey in a bag...I am not ovelry impressed with the bag. It was a moist juicy bird, but it was not very pretty LOL.

Salt and pepper the bird before the glaze. loosen the skin gently, you dont want to tear it make sure you get lots of the buttery goodness under the skin with the fresh herbs too...I did parsley and oregano, couldnt find marjoram. I also shoved a sliced lemon, a sliced apple and a half on onion in the cavity of the bird.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

How did it turn out? We have a 10-pound turkey here, and I'm about to run to the store to get some more butter. Anything you'd change?

Quoting SuperPickle:

no but that might be a good idea! My glaze is 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar and fresh marjoram and lemon peel , and spread it all over the bird and up under the skin, then add 1/2 cup bourbon to the remaining mixture and brush it over throughout the cooking process.

SlightlyPerfect
Fair warning.
Thursday at 9:30 PM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

These are excellent ideas. Thanks so much!

Quoting SuperPickle:

It was delicious. I also added a bottle of sparkling cider to the brine this year. And I cooked the turkey in a bag...I am not ovelry impressed with the bag. It was a moist juicy bird, but it was not very pretty LOL.

Salt and pepper the bird before the glaze. loosen the skin gently, you dont want to tear it make sure you get lots of the buttery goodness under the skin with the fresh herbs too...I did parsley and oregano, couldnt find marjoram. I also shoved a sliced lemon, a sliced apple and a half on onion in the cavity of the bird.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting SuperPickle:

slightlyperfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)