Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh problem your opinion please

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:44 AM
  • 8 Replies
Short and sweet..... Me and dh have been married now 2 years.... Our home and vehicles are paid for ( no financial stress) we own our own business we are doing well with it
PROBLEM.... my dh is lazy !! It's like pullin teeth to get him to do ANYTHING!!! yes he pulls his weight w our business and so do I !! At home he does NOTHING! no dishes or laundry or help w kids or nothing he always says he is to tired! I'm tired too lol but I still cook clean deal w kids laundry sweep mop grocery shop ect

We have fought about this he says I will do my part ( that day has yet to come) before our business he used his 40 hr work week as a excuse but now there is no excuse because I do it. He manipulates me into beliving he will do better it hasn't happened in 6 months!!

What would you do?? With a couch potato?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
No1knows
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

The research has been done. Statistically women pull more weight in relationships. Do you have kids? If not, when you have children, expect to work, care for the kids and do most if not all of the housework. Men who are lazy and show no effort to give an extra hand over a period of years will unlikely ever change. Even if they want to, this is just part of their character.

Bluetick
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Yay for me!! I guess this explains why he is getting lazier

Quoting No1knows:

The research has been done. Statistically women pull more weight in relationships. Do you have kids? If not, when you have children, expect to work, care for the kids and do most if not all of the housework. Men who are lazy and show no effort to give an extra hand over a period of years will unlikely ever change. Even if they want to, this is just part of their character.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thecoffeefairy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM
It sucks. I just let it go. Hubby and I are both self employed and I do all the work too. My kids are older though, so they pick up slack. Consider hiring a maid to come in weekly to deep clean and do laundry. It's worth the money if you can afford it. I miss having one but the kids need to learn responsibility and they get that money now.

Quoting Bluetick:

Yay for me!! I guess this explains why he is getting lazier

Quoting No1knows:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outtamymynd
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Has he ever helped with anything besides the business?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Yep, men are just lazy.  Here's a conversation hubby and I had yesterdy.

Me: Did you wash the dishes you just dirtied?

Hubby: No, the dishes in the dishwasher are still hot.

Me: Hot?

Hubby: Yes, it just finished running about 20 minutes ago

Me: And... they only take a couple of minutes to cool down if you open the door.  I unload them right after it finishes all of the time.

Hubby: Well, they are too hot.

Yeah men are hopeless

endlesslaundry
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM

First, bribery always works for me.  "I'll suck your dick for twenty minutes if you'll load the dishwasher and mop the kitchen."  

Second, my husband never used to help.  Two years in?  pfffffft... no way.  But he came around, especially after he realized how his contribution cut down on my anxiety, increased my libiodo and made his life generally easier.

Also, I agree with PP's.  Men have been proven to be lazy pieces of shit around the house.  Women will always bear the majority of the housework burden.  But if it means that much to you, consider the BJ.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I'm a SAHM, have been since before our first child was born over 20 years ago.  DH has always helped out with things around the house.....and with the kids.  This ishis family too.

Tell you husband to get off his lazy ass and help take care of his home and family.  Split chores.....tell him he's washing dishes Monday night and oing laundry on Tuesday or these thing won't get done.  Follow through by reminding him that he needs to help out to set a good example for the children.  And don't do the chores for him that he agrees to do.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Mine pulls his weight around the house but it comes in waves ... sometimes he's amazing ! I'll come home to a cooked dinner, emptied dish washer, clean laundry or mopped floors - some other days, nothing.  I , will ask "if you have 5 minutes can you please do "this" or "That" and sometmes I come home and it hasn't been done at all.   During the weekend we usually work together, he's pretty good about that.  Oh well, I just shut up and put up with it, if I start bitching about it he won't do anything at all anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)