Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Best weekend ever

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Friday we went to my OBGYN appointment and it is a girl. My husband and I are very excited. My husbands family is over ran by boy's. I think out of this generation this is the first girl on his side (a few of his female cousin's have girls but those don't count because they do not have their last name) so she is the first girl out of I think 30 boys (might be more) on his side of the family. Plus out of four grandson's this is my Mother in Law's first girl. They are all very excited and I am very excited. I am not going in thinking that this is going to be so hard because of hormones and fits just because it is a girl. She might surprise me and be like my sister and I. We were tom boys who were just smart allec's to our parents. 

My Mom took me to go see Breaking Dawn and we went with my best friend so that was awesome I got to hang out with my Mom for the weekend and stayed the night. She is moving to Tennessee right after the baby is born so I want to spend a ton of time with her before she moves. 

Then after that it was Sunday which is cleaning day. I got a call from my best friend around noon and she was begging me to come support her for her first tattoo that she wanted on her ribs. She was a trooper and I held her hand through every painful spot. She didn't scream and held her composure. She now has a beautiful tattoo and something she can live with. I love the fact my friends are just as weird as I am. She was worried my Mom would judge her about her tattoo and my Mom told her she wanted pictures and that she thought it was a fantastic idea! My Mother has a tattoo as well and her belly pierced since her 40's and her divorce from my stepfather. We are not judgy people lol. 

Now back to my cleaning... I didn't finish yesterday lol. 

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Glad you had a good weekend. Congrats on the baby girl :)

DessC
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Congrats on the little princess!

baby girl

Dessely Cooper

Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant

www.marykay.com/dcooper47267

Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Thank you all!

stacy2607
by Stacy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:32 AM

congrats on your baby girl..im glad you had a great weekend!!

CafeMom Tickers
LovinLife81
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:21 AM

sounds like a great weekend !! 

Congrats on the good news!

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:54 AM
Congrats! I have a girl despite hubbys family being mostly boys too. I was a tom boy but she is as girly as can be lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Looneyfarmmom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Oh I don't mind a girly girl and if she likes pink. She can like whatever she wants to like. My son is pretty emotional and he talks back, we fight, and he has gotten into this fibbing thing since starting 1st grade. But he is seven and I expect it so we are working on it. He lost a whole day of video games yesterday for fibbing to me and we had a nice long chat about lying and why it is wrong. So far he is slowly stopping with the fibs. People ask me "Well how do you know?" Oh you know. You know your children inside out and I will always catch him and have. That and my intuition is really reliable thankfully lol. He always asks me "How do you know?!" Not telling! Leave him paranoid mwahahaha. Some say I am going to light on my son for fibbing but trust me all you have to do is give him a dirty look and he will start crying and acting like that is punishment enough. Anyways, he has been a hard kid to raise by others standards but I love him and will continue to help him grow. Same as my daughter, no matter how "hard" it is going to be with her I am going to expect the same out of her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)