Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I need help :/ Relationship related. *update!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

You ladies were all so helpful and positive when I first posted this I though I would update with my hopefully happy news.

Part 1 from back in November Back story. I met the love of my life 5 1/2 years ago. We were married had a son and split 1 1/2 ago. The divorce was all him, I didn't want it at all. We are on speeking terms now and getting along well. Well I am still in love with him. I believe whole heartedly he is my soul mate. We were talking today and he sent me a test saying he wished he wouldn't have been such an ass and we wouldn't have argued so much... That makes me feel like he has regrets, but I don't know what to do. He has a gf and she is really nice and treats our son so well and I just don't know what to do or say around him now. I know he didn't say he wanted to get back with me but he really made me feel like he wished things were different. I'm not even sure what I am asking of you ladies, guess I'm just hoping there is someone out there that has had a simular experience. Anyway thanks for listening. :)

Part 2  January  So we have talked a little off and on but nothing like above really until yesterday. I sent him a suggestive text (refering to wanting him back but didn't say his name) and then pretended it was intended for my SIL. Sneeky but safe :) anyway it sparked his curiosity and we started talking again and he said a lot of things that made me question his decision again. So I point blank asked him if him and his gf broke up if he would ever try "us" again. He told me he thinks about it a lot and that he does still love me and misses our son when he's not around, but he loves her too. I made it very clear how much I still love him and want him back in my life. I feel very good about that because I am not one to bare my feelings. Before we hung up he said he had a lot to think about, I told him to keep me in the loop, So now I'm stuck in limbo and I won't do anything to break them up. But I pray everynight God brings him home where he belongs. Thanks for listening. Hopefully I can post saying my family is back together sometime in the future :)

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
endlesslaundry
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I'm sorry.  The romantic in me wants to tell you to call him and lay it all out, but I don't know if that's the right thing to do.  He might have regrets, but maybe he's just regretting being an asshole, not ending the relationship.  If he says anything else, then open the door and talk to him about it.  

I'm sorry.  Good luck.

admf
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM

In reponse to his text to you, just tell him that you agree, you wished ya'll wouldn't have argued so much either.  Tell him you wished things could've turned out differently.  If you want to know if he has regrets, ask him.  Honey really what do you have to lose?  Good luck to you!!

dragonfly.1982
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Thanks. my responce to him was I wish I had a time machine so I could go back knowing what I know now. Because I have grown and changed a lot in the last year as well. He knows that I still love him.

Quoting admf:

In reponse to his text to you, just tell him that you agree, you wished ya'll wouldn't have argued so much either.  Tell him you wished things could've turned out differently.  If you want to know if he has regrets, ask him.  Honey really what do you have to lose?  Good luck to you!!

dragonfly.1982
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that is why I am so confused right now, because I don't want to put myself out there for his rejection. We said just enough today that he knows how I still feel so I guess its up to him now.

Quoting endlesslaundry:

I'm sorry.  The romantic in me wants to tell you to call him and lay it all out, but I don't know if that's the right thing to do.  He might have regrets, but maybe he's just regretting being an asshole, not ending the relationship.  If he says anything else, then open the door and talk to him about it.  

I'm sorry.  Good luck.

mustloveanimals
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Your situation makes my heart hurt. I think you did the right thing. I hope that either he has a complete change of heart and comes back to you, or you are able to fully heal and move on. Good luck.

Quoting dragonfly.1982:

I think that is why I am so confused right now, because I don't want to put myself out there for his rejection. We said just enough today that he knows how I still feel so I guess its up to him now.

Quoting endlesslaundry:

I'm sorry.  Good luck.

dragonfly.1982
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Thank you :)

Quoting mustloveanimals:

Your situation makes my heart hurt. I think you did the right thing. I hope that either he has a complete change of heart and comes back to you, or you are able to fully heal and move on. Good luck.

Quoting dragonfly.1982:

Quoting endlesslaundry:

I'm sorry.  Good luck.

DessC
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I dont really have any advice but good luck :)

Dessely Cooper

Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant

www.marykay.com/dcooper47267

dragonfly.1982
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Bump for update :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:37 AM

well good luck to you - what you're going through is not easy .   If it's meant to be he'll come back to you.  Hey the romantic in me hopes he comes back to you, I've seen it before ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)