Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BLACK FRIDAY!!!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:01 PM
  • 25 Replies

How many of you moms take advantage of Black Friday? Me personally don't go out in the madness...I shop early and to me the sales are not all that great! But this is just what I think.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never gone to the stores on Black Friday~ I shop online though.

KeimUNCmomof3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I have never gone shopping on Black Friday before...could be because I lived in Los Angeles...but, now that I am in a small town in Colorado, I am thinking of trying it out.  Just to say I've experienced it, at least once.

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM

i just stay in and put up the tree with my family

stacy2607
by Stacy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I do..I look forward to it..its my favorite day to go Christmas shopping!! :)

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I usually go out later in the day when the stores are empty.  After the door busters are over, you have the store to yourself.  I went to Walmart last Black Friday around noon and th place was empty.  I got the blu-ray player that I wanted and a few $1.96 DVDs for my dd and when I got to the register there was NO ONE in line.  They had about 20 or more registers open and the cashiers were just standing there twiddling their thumbs.  If you plan wisely, you can avoid the crowds and still get good deals.

Shaybay218
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I never go..

mommybug77
by Crystal on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:42 AM
I will be.
PurplePieguy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I did it one year and haven't done it since. Just not worth the long lines. 

Briesmom38
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I have a tradition with my best friend, we always go black friday shopping!  We start really early and head to a specific mall.  Sometimes we get some great deals, sometimes not so much!  But for us it's not really about the sales, sure it's nice to get a great deal on something, but for us it's about being able to step away from our busy schedules and spend an entire day together for some much needed girl time.  We have lunch (along with a few cocktails), we just make a fun day of it.  

This year we can both really use it, it's been an extremely ruff ride, I lost my mom last November and she lost her dad back in January, we are very close with each other's family so it's been hard.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Not a chance in hell. I'd rather pay full price than deal with the chaos and stupidity on Black Friday. My Grandma went two years ago and got hit by a car in the parking lot of Elder Beerman. at 430 in the morning!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)