Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Need advice on my new hair color!!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM
  • 32 Replies

So I asked for Carmel brown and it looks almost auburn in the sun. In the bathroom the light makes it look almost orange. I'm kinda having a hard time adjusting to it. I actually like the color, but was wondering what you thought of it?? Sorry for the squinty sun face, just trying to show you what it looks like in the sun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I like it. 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:45 PM

this is not caramel at all ... but it suits you ! I like

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I like it.  The results of the color are greatly affected by your base color, so if you have a lot of red in your hair to begin with the caramel color may come out with more of a reddish tint to it.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM
My base color was a very dark brown

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I like it.  The results of the color are greatly affected by your base color, so if you have a lot of red in your hair to begin with the caramel color may come out with more of a reddish tint to it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoy08
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Yeah I didn't think it was either, I'm not too sure about yet, but thank you :)

Quoting Jinxed8:

this is not caramel at all ... but it suits you ! I like

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Dark browns ordinarily have a lot of red underneath it, so they may have had to keep toner on longer but otherwise, I like the way it looks. 

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

LuvMyBoy08
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Thank you! I've always thought auburn/Carmel looked great on other people....it brings out my hazel eyes. I'm just not the type to do drastic things to my hair...lol

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Dark browns ordinarily have a lot of red underneath it, so they may have had to keep toner on longer but otherwise, I like the way it looks. 

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I love drastic changes sometimes - it's like getting a whole new you! 

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Thank you! I've always thought auburn/Carmel looked great on other people....it brings out my hazel eyes. I'm just not the type to do drastic things to my hair...lol

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

mustloveanimals
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I think it looks very nice and very natural.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Very true. DH comes home in 10 days from overseas so we'll see if he likes it :)

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I love drastic changes sometimes - it's like getting a whole new you! 

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)