Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TableforSeven

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:30 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Judy, are you okay, over there in Israel?  You and your family have been in my thoughts.  I hope you all are safe.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:55 AM
If I remember correctly I think she's visiting her daughter in the U.S. But I could be mistaken.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:42 AM
I hope so...and that she won't go home for a while..after the fighting stops.

Quoting KylesMom409:

If I remember correctly I think she's visiting her daughter in the U.S. But I could be mistaken.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I've been thinking about her too!  Judy, hope everything is okay.

Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I am so glad you posted this, I have been wondering as well.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi ladies - sorry I haven't been around today -- had some stuff to take care of around the house.

We are fine.  We live in northern Israel - the war is in the south at Gaza.  We are too far north for their rockets to hit -- they have gotten them as far north as Tel Aviv and Jerusalem....but we are much, MUCH further north.
We have friends in the southern part of the country...we have been in touch with all of them and they are also fine.  Some of them have gone to stay with family in other parts of the country - others are staying in their own homes (for now) -- we have offered an open door to our home to any/all of them (and their families and friends) as needed.
There is no imminent threat where we are living.  The army has not unlocked the public bomb shelters -- they have not increased boarder patrols here in the north -- and they have not closed the schools....all are good signs that we are ok here.  :-)

And - yes - I will be traveling soon (leaving next week) to visit our oldest daughter in the states.  DH and the other 4 kids are staying here.  I will be gone for over 2.5 weeks (including travel time). 

Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM

So glad to hear you and your family are ok, shows what we know about the geography of Israel huh?!? 

Quoting TableforSeven:

Hi ladies - sorry I haven't been around today -- had some stuff to take care of around the house.

We are fine.  We live in northern Israel - the war is in the south at Gaza.  We are too far north for their rockets to hit -- they have gotten them as far north as Tel Aviv and Jerusalem....but we are much, MUCH further north.
We have friends in the southern part of the country...we have been in touch with all of them and they are also fine.  Some of them have gone to stay with family in other parts of the country - others are staying in their own homes (for now) -- we have offered an open door to our home to any/all of them (and their families and friends) as needed.
There is no imminent threat where we are living.  The army has not unlocked the public bomb shelters -- they have not increased boarder patrols here in the north -- and they have not closed the schools....all are good signs that we are ok here.  :-)

And - yes - I will be traveling soon (leaving next week) to visit our oldest daughter in the states.  DH and the other 4 kids are staying here.  I will be gone for over 2.5 weeks (including travel time). 

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM
At 6am..I am lucky to know the geography of my own house! LOL

I am so happy to see that you and your family
are okay. Have a safe and fun vacatipn!

Quoting Poosaloosa:

So glad to hear you and your family are ok, shows what we know about the geography of Israel huh?!? 

Quoting TableforSeven:

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Well - the entire country is about the size of the state of New Jersey -- so everything is pretty close together.  But...when it comes to dumb-rockets (as opposed to smart-bombs)....they can only reach so far.  

Don't worry about not knowing the geography of Israel....especially for not knowing where Ma'alot is.  6 months ago even _I_ didn't know where Ma'alot was...and I love here now!  :-)

Quoting Poosaloosa:

Quoting TableforSeven:

TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:00 PM

LOL - I wake up at 5:15 every morning to turn the dood-on (the eletric water heater....during the day water is heated using a solar panel - but I need a mornning shower which means turning the electric heater on for a while) -- then I check email and goof around on the computer until 6am when there is enough warm water for a shower.  So - I'm up early....but don't ask me about geography at 11pm!  ;-)

Thanks - I will have a good trip - I'm sure I'll be on here during my trip at least a little bit checking in.  :-)

Quoting offrdngal:

At 6am..I am lucky to know the geography of my own house! LOL

I am so happy to see that you and your family
are okay. Have a safe and fun vacatipn!

Quoting Poosaloosa:

Quoting TableforSeven:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)