Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Did you have a Cabbage Patch Kid?

yes or no
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Replies (71-80):
Neon1980
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I have 4.  2 from when I was growing up, 1 that was my brothers and another that my mil gave me for Christmas several years ago.

PartyGalAnne
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Yep. I was like 11 and didn't really want one, but lo and behold my grandmother managed to have one wrapped up for me!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Yup... I was adopted when I was 10 and he was given to me onmy adoption day. I still have Auggie Dustin..well DD cares for him now :) and his horse Danny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRobinson06
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I had two and I still have them.

monshine2
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Yes. I had 2. A boy and a girl :)

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Wow! I didn't know they made a comeback. I don't think my boys would be interested. I am glad the kids of today get to experience them, although I hope they don't look as ugly today as they did when we were kids.

Quoting Krayziekitten:

Sure did...his name was Tobias Abbott.  I loved that thing.  My Grandpa broke my heart by calling it the n-bomb because my Cabbage Patch was black...I grew up not knowing the difference in people.  He clearly was racist.  I got them for my kids...every kid needs to experience a Cabbage Patch!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I wasn't allowed to have Garbage Pail Kids cards because they were "creepy", but I didn't want those cards anyway.

Quoting SwtSnowflake2:

No. I wanted one but my mom thought they were creepy and didn't allow me to have one.

LilJenn82
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Yep, it has my date of birth on it and I found them for my girls also (with there date of birth on them) but of course they are not opened cuz they are collectors in my book :-)

Armygirl2299703
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Yes. I wish I still had her. They don't make them like they used to. But some bully girls took her from me and buried her in the park. They'd done this to me several times but the last time they learned to dig a much deeper hole so I never found her :(

My brother had a baby one as well. A little boy. He gave it to his kids.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Armygirl2299703
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:23 AM

That's awesome! How did u manage to find ones with your bd's on them? My DD has a baby one that I got her when she was about a year, very cute but never seen one with the same bd.

Quoting LilJenn82:

Yep, it has my date of birth on it and I found them for my girls also (with there date of birth on them) but of course they are not opened cuz they are collectors in my book :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN