Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have a Cabbage Patch Kid?

yes or no
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Replies (81-90):
StephanAndCoral
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Yes I did and I gave her to my daughter.
Mama2JoshKatie
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Yes, six of them and I still have them. All are in storage in the garage except one, my favorite one which now belongs to my DD. My Mom ordered my first one when I was six. She ordered it from a catalog. She had planned to give it to me for Christmas, but there was such a back order it came in too late and I ended up getting my CPK named "Edina" (forget the middle name) for my birthday the following year. My Mom has a picture of me opening it and the surprised look on my face and the look of shock on all my friends faces (none of them had one yet).

When I was eight I got "Pamela" which was my favorite one I still have. Then when I was nine I was in a car accident and my parents let me have a little bit of the money from the insurance settlement to spend on whatever I wanted. I bought Cabbage Patch doll twins. I still have them but have long forgotten their names. I forget when I got the other two. All are girls except one is a bald headed newborn boy.

My daughter likes playing with "Pamela" and she has two others of her own I bought for her.

SwtSnowflake2
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Strangely I was allowed to have those. Lol my mom is insane.

Quoting diaperstodating:

I wasn't allowed to have Garbage Pail Kids cards because they were "creepy", but I didn't want those cards anyway.

Quoting SwtSnowflake2:

No. I wanted one but my mom thought they were creepy and didn't allow me to have one.

mommy2585
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Yes! I recall the year when the dolls were the must-have holiday gift. People were fighting for them in the stores. My parents bought my sister and I one that year. I loved baby dolls, and the adoption certificate seemed so important to me. :)

LilJenn82
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:23 PM

U know how you can see the birthdate well I kept looking through them at every store I went to until I found there birthdate :-)  lol

Quoting Armygirl2299703:

That's awesome! How did u manage to find ones with your bd's on them? My DD has a baby one that I got her when she was about a year, very cute but never seen one with the same bd.

Quoting LilJenn82:

Yep, it has my date of birth on it and I found them for my girls also (with there date of birth on them) but of course they are not opened cuz they are collectors in my book :-)

Mother of 4- Alexis Jean born 01/28/01, Erik Michael born 04/03/02, Destini Nikole born 10/16/06 & Lil' William Joseph Ray "Joey" born 08/26/10...

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I saw this at Toys R Us today. After all these years they still sell these dolls.

Jenniy
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM
My dd is now the proud owner of my cabbage patch doll
tabbykat_97
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I wanted one very badly as a kid, so my Grandma made me one but I was always disappointed that didn't get a birth certificate that came with the "real" ones.
brightangel
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Yes her name is Lucinda. I still have her. I also had a preemie baby but she grew mold in her head and I had to throw her out. Her name was Heather.
My kids used to play with her. Now she is put away in the closet. I just can't seem to throw her away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
renniejo
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:40 AM

I remember the first day they were sold at toysrus. I was with my mom, grandma and 3 aunts. Women were actually trying to take them out of my arms and I was just a toddler. we managed to get one for each of us and my grandma still has her in the box unopened. My 2 (my mom gave me hers) have been past down to my daughters and still look new.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)